Go Back   Surfing Dirt Mountainboard Forum > Mountain Board Talk > Surfing Dirt Main Forum

Old 12-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
sc308

sc308 could use some props yo
Default MBS vs Trampa complete

I want to get into mountain boarding. I am thinking of either getting a MBS Comp 95x or a Trampa 35 short w/ vertigo trucks. I might do some jumping, but not much. I will mostly be riding on narrow downhill dirt trails. I am 14yrs, 125 lb. (56.6 kilos), and 5'4ft. tall. I also live in southern California is that is relevant. So if you can, could you help.
sc308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
Kiwy

Kiwy could use some props yo

Between the two I would personally choose the Trampa.
Why: Comp series, if I remember correctly is made out of powerlam (a beefed up skateboard) while Trampa boards are made of that material that seems indestructible.

For what you need, MBS might be better. Is's a bit longer and that offers you better stability but you might have more trouble turning compared to a shorter board. That's how it was with my MBS Comp26X compared with the shorter PMS board I have now.

Physical side. You may need some strength in your body to be able to control the board well at your size and weight. Don't fret, it builds up naturally by riding.

On the practical side, an MBS board could be easier to acquire than a Trampa where you live.

End note: Both choices are good for a beginner level, Trampa may last longer. And after you're done with it you can chop it and make a frankenboard but MBS could be easier to acquire and learn on.
Kiwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
Ben

Ben Can probably power slide now

i agree with every word said by Kiwy but id add that trampa have several thicknesses which is useful as you will probably still grow quite a bit so you could choose for example 16ply which would be good for your weight now and for a few years ahead... saying that the comp95 deck should also be pretty good for your current weight + a few more KG's.
your main issue as Kiwy rightly said is that trampa's are harder to get hold of in the US
Old 12-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
Gaz

Gaz could use some props yo

If you have the money the Trampa is the sex but if not the comp is still a pretty damn good choice.
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
sc308

sc308 could use some props yo

Well i would want to get the trampa, but does anyone know were to get one in southern california?
sc308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf Can probably power slide now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc308 View Post
Well i would want to get the trampa, but does anyone know were to get one in southern california?
There used to be a dealer in Galt, CA. If you want, I can check if he still reps for Trampa.

Otherwise, there is one on the East Coast. With team riders even.

ATB,
Sam
indigo_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
BgSurfer
Zen Carver

BgSurfer Knows what an egg shock is

The Comp 95 would be a good choice for you. I mostly ride street on my 95 but I weigh 177 lb. The 95 should last you for years.

Pretty sure the 95 is lighter than the Trampa. Check the specs online to be sure.

Keeping the Stoke

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The older I get, the better I was...
Ride what you like.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BgSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #8
Ironsider

Ironsider could use some props yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc308 View Post
Trampaboards.com ship world wide. Its deffo worth getting one in my opinion
Ironsider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, choosing, downhill, mbs, mountianboard, trail, trampa