Spots around Corris, Wales (inc 3 miler)

Post, review and find ride spots in your area.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Brennig

Spots around Corris, Wales (inc 3 miler)

Post by Brennig » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:39 am

Got bored so I quickly maped out some track in my local area. Will hopefully be hitting some of these tracks in the next few weeks. They look beastly and from what I've seen have a good surface. Luckily these are all bunched together, I've scanned about 30-40% of the area so there are loads more to come!

There are a few that have failed to upload so will try again later.

Example of the surface

Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:28 pm

Hopefully ganna hit that 3.03 miler on Thursday. Looks like the best out of the tracks, almost the longest, steep, constant gradient, and atleast 15 good looking corners.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Looks like you have got some nice runs and terrain there. I am envious.
[align=center][font=Impact]www.kentatb.com

[font=Courier New][color=DarkGreen][size=134]Freeriding - it's a monk's life
[/font][/SIZE][/color][/font][/align]

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Ian@KentATB wrote:Looks like you have got some nice runs and terrain there. I am envious.

I've only covered about 40% of that forestry area and on top of that there are a few 10km tracks lying about, along side with a decent down a 860m mountain. Hopefully everything will start to come together and I'll set up a little site with a map, review, pics and a video of each run.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:36 pm

The website sounds a great idea. Get everything documented
[align=center][font=Impact]www.kentatb.com

[font=Courier New][color=DarkGreen][size=134]Freeriding - it's a monk's life
[/font][/SIZE][/color][/font][/align]

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:22 am

Me an my dad went looking for 3.03 miler (last pic) the other day, we got kinda lost cause i didn't bring the map but it turns out we were actually on it. The forestry allows bikers and horses but no cars, but we cunningly disguised ourselves as canadians and in a pick up truck got halfway up before we met deadly looking machinery, so i got out and rid back down. If you look at the last pic, i started at the big turning where the track splits after the two hairpins (top). It was AWESOME, awesome surface, nice corners and really fun to ride, no ups and downs just a constant downhill. And if you look on the map it's the 'boring' section so i can only imagine what it would be like doing the whole 3 miles! And the best bit is there are at least another 10 of these tracks really close together! And on top of that there are 3 or 4 foresties just like that around where i live so that's about 30 tracks, all about 2-4 miles long!

I'll get a vid up of the small amount i did manage to ride (1.7 miles), i was brake hugging a bit because it seemed pretty busy and just after i finished riding 4-5 trucks came up and a postman and a family and a few bikes and a few flies. But if your rode on a Sunday it'll be fine. Can't wait to hit all these tracks, I'm stoked :D
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

The 6th degree

Post by The 6th degree » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:57 am

Meetup at Brennig's house!

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:30 am

Soon!
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

Travis
Old timer

Post by Travis » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:44 am

Very soon! They all look like great tracks!
noTramp brake-boarder and proud!

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:45 am

Gonna try and do the whole 3 miles on Sunday. Then hopefully the 1.55 miler, film them, slap them here. Then we can begin organising :D Also found a sneeky way of gettting to the top of that 3 miler, only involves a 500m walk. Does anyone have any tips on asking the Forestry Commission if we can ride? Do I just say, we'll ride when you have no work going on, we have breaks, don't go too fast, we were pads, helmet and so on?
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:56 am

Anyone interested at having their own look, just search Pennal and look north, or search Corris and have a look in any direction. If anyones interested in OS maps, it's on OL 23.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

pd2h

Post by pd2h » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:10 am

Damn I can't wait to get back on board again!!!

Travis
Old timer

Post by Travis » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:40 am

did you hit this Brennig?

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:50 am

No a little thing called "History essays" got in the way. Gonna try and hit it thus Thursday or Saturday.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Just sent an email to the Forestry Commission asking for permission, just waiting for the reply. If the weather clears I'm hitting it this Sunday hopefully :D
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:44 pm

If anyones watching the rally, the tracks i've pointed out are very close to stages 5-8 so look out for them :D Some of the tracks are gonna get pretty mashed up over the next few days ...
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:50 pm

Damn turns out it is on some of tracks i wanna ride :( they're gonna be trashed.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Travis
Old timer

Post by Travis » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:03 am

that's a bummer... can't get pissed off at rallying though, I know I'd rather be doing it if I had the money!

Return to “Ride Spots”