Mid Wales map (in progress)

Post, review and find ride spots in your area.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Brennig

Mid Wales map (in progress)

Post by Brennig » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:16 pm

I'm slowly getting all these tracks on, I'm just starting close to home and moving out, too many in my opinion.

Enjoy anyways.

GATEWAY TO ULTIMATE TRACKNESS

[Not sure if you can see all the tracks, should be around 25 or something at the moment]
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

mario64

Post by mario64 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:37 pm

looks good, you certainly have alot of tracks.

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Good effort on that Brennig. Nice work.

Looks like I have some work to do compiling a Kent one. I always wanted an OS KentATB map. Never knew that site existed.

Have you rode all the trails on your map ?
[align=center][font=Impact]www.kentatb.com

[font=Courier New][color=DarkGreen][size=134]Freeriding - it's a monk's life
[/font][/SIZE][/color][/font][/align]

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:21 pm

Ian@KentATB wrote:Good effort on that Brennig. Nice work.

Looks like I have some work to do compiling a Kent one. I always wanted an OS KentATB map. Never knew that site existed.

Have you rode all the trails on your map ?

NOPE, It's impossible for me to get to them without driving, and I can't drive ... Also I need permission from the Forestry Commission, I got in contact with the recreational officer and he said he forwarded my message to the permissions office but I've had nothing back for a few months now. Hoping to go up soon anyway. Done 3-4 of the tracks and have not been disappointed. I've had wheel falling off, brakes snapping and punctures over the last few weeks, so I whenever I go out something goes wrong.

Just need to learn to drive really, then I'll spend a week riding ALL of them. I'm guessing there'll be at least 150 miles of ridable track within a few miles of me. Just need to get out and do it.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Re the Forestry Commission. I would just get out and ride them, then talk to any of the foresters if you get caught.

This is what happened at Barham one of our local spots. The rangers were pretty OK, and told us the exact person (head forester for our locality) to get in contact with in our area. All it took was a few emails. They required a risk assessment as minimum, and to ensure we would not go digging the place up or ride where the orchids grow. At first the agreement was a probationary one. This was a few years back now, never had any problems since.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah when I rode it before I rode past a bunch of trucks and lorries. My dad took me up in the pick up, but cause it was all bashed up and dirty they probably thought we were one of them. My only concern is that the forest is very 'active' at the moment, lots of lorries and heavy machinery moving around. There is a designated track for the public (walking and biking) but that's the only one that doesn't really go downhill. I'm still adding tracks now, it's going to take me years ...
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:10 pm

They cant have trucks all over every trail though. Can they ?

pd2h

Post by pd2h » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:00 am

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:11 am

Just noticed I've passed the 1000 mark. YAY.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

MohammadLyons

Post by MohammadLyons » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:44 am

you will acquisition an affluence of alfresco activities alignment from visiting baby Market towns and arena golf, for those who like to relax and unwind, to sailing and canoeing, horse benumbed and cutting for the added adventurous.

Return to “Ride Spots”