For Those In Wales

Post, review and find ride spots in your area.

Moderator: BgSurfer

toddalaar
Dirty

For Those In Wales

Post by toddalaar » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi,

If you live in Wales like me and can't seem to find any good spots you may want to check up here:

http://www.trailguru.co.uk/mountain-bike-trail-guide.asp

A couple of bike trails and it even tells you how difficult and what they are...I thought it was a good find and thought I'd share it, it's Definetly worth checking up if you have some spare time... :D
Cheers
Todd

toddalaar
Dirty

Post by toddalaar » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:11 pm

P.s if you also check a site called pinkbike.com and go to their forum section you can find some more spots, here's 2 in Wales:

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 pm

if you live in wales and can't find good ride spots you need to look up :)
leapb4ulook wrote:...... you're a freerider at heart, you've just been infected with freestyle.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Mutley wrote:if you live in wales and can't find good ride spots you need to look up :)

I wish there were more riders than just me in mid/north wales. It's a gold mine, just need someone who can drive.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:33 am

Brennig wrote:I wish there were more riders than just me in mid/north wales. It's a gold mine, just need someone who can drive.

just need a campaign for a few derestricted motorways in wales from Cheltenham and i'm there.
leapb4ulook wrote:...... you're a freerider at heart, you've just been infected with freestyle.

Martine
Baby

Post by Martine » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:32 am

toddalaar wrote:P.s if you also check a site called pinkbike.com and go to their forum section you can find some more spots, here's 2 in Wales:

pictures are cool and he looks like a stuntman.

Stevieb
Noob

Post by Stevieb » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Brennig wrote:I wish there were more riders than just me in mid/north wales. It's a gold mine, just need someone who can drive.

Where abouts u from mate I live near Wrexham and drive lol

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Aberdyfi, so on the coast. I drive now luckily, the best zones for service/firetracks are near me, but Llandegla and Coed y Brenin are a good midway point. Trying to find some good forest freeride, there are some good little patches but not worth traveling 1-2 hours of driving.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 pm

I holiday as much as i can in Abersoch. is there many spots around there? Should i be packing me board as well as me bucket n spade?

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:38 pm

barxx wrote:I holiday as much as i can in Abersoch. is there many spots around there? Should i be packing me board as well as me bucket n spade?

Yes, especially if you're driving from down south.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:01 am

Na, not from darrrnnn sarrfff, from yorkshire and we got hills so all good is there any boarding centres near Abersoch? Sure i've seen something round there

Bec
Baby

Post by Bec » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:56 am

Anyone in wales know of any good sites in mid wales - near-ish Aberystwyth (though i have a car so can go a bit further afield)?

Also, has anyone here boarded at Nant yr aran?

Ta,
Bec

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Hey I live in Aberdyfi! Let's go boarding, I will be back in June so we can shred some gnar then, the greatest track in the universe is just beyond Nant yr Arian. Stoke has increased a level.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Groundpenguin
Baby

Post by Groundpenguin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:44 am

Many people riding around Cardiff area these days? learning to ride again but all on my lonesome.

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:10 am

Zak Campbell is at University around there. Don't know if he has his board and rides but he might be encouraged to if he had someone to ride with. Ed Richardson lives just down the in Swansea, and of course The Bitches are around there too.
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

varun
Noob

Post by varun » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:15 am

North Wales is beautiful and it's well known for its outdoor activities and best place for riding.

Return to “Ride Spots”