Italian mountainboarding

Post, review and find ride spots in your area.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Ian@KentATB

Italian mountainboarding

Post by Ian@KentATB » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi I wondered if any one has rode any Ski resorts there in the summer?

In particular resorts near Verona.

Basically It is one of the few destinations Manston airport in Kent flys to.
[align=center][font=Impact]www.kentatb.com

[font=Courier New][color=DarkGreen][size=134]Freeriding - it's a monk's life
[/font][/SIZE][/color][/font][/align]

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:58 pm

I fancy going somewhere in August/September, I was thinking Slovenia as a cheaper option. Obviously I'd like to go to Switzerland or France but Slovenia/Italy/Austria would be a cheaper option.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:09 pm

I dont actually have any plans. Just testing the water of where I can get to with the least hassle. I can get to Verona pretty much as easy as catching a bus.

Poland Zakopane is also on the hit list at some point. That is very cheap.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:16 pm

The trains are so quick and cheap in Italy it really doesn't matter where you fly to.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:23 pm

I was thinking more connections in England. Manston is 15 mins drive.

We would normally hire a car at the other end.

Wyoming Adrenaline Junkie

Post by Wyoming Adrenaline Junkie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:18 pm

i had a trip lined up to fly to italy this summer to see some family but it fell through

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Thu May 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Brennig wrote:I fancy going somewhere in August/September, I was thinking Slovenia as a cheaper option. Obviously I'd like to go to Switzerland or France but Slovenia/Italy/Austria would be a cheaper option.

Slovenia is cheap, and a good choice, but all Slovenian riders will go to Serbia to our comp on 31.August-01. September ... so you can come also to Serbia. Here is also good, and cheapest of all...
;)
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Thu May 03, 2012 3:34 pm

MarcATB wrote:Slovenia is cheap, and a good choice, but all Slovenian riders will go to Serbia to our comp on 31.August-01. September ... so you can come also to Serbia. Here is also good, and cheapest of all...
;)

I was going to ask when that was, is that the one with the cool border cross track? I was planning of going to Slovenia then catching the train down to Serbia, maybe stop in Croatia.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Fri May 04, 2012 12:58 am

yes, that is our cool bx track. You can combine riding in Slovenia, and then come with them to Serbia. I can send you contacts of Slovenians, if you need them

Travis
Old timer

Post by Travis » Fri May 04, 2012 1:09 am

Would Livigno be anywhere close? Sure you've seen Pete Tatham's vids on Facebook, looks epic.
noTramp brake-boarder and proud!

sir seymour

Post by sir seymour » Fri May 04, 2012 6:30 am

Livigno is obviously the shit. Long way from anywhere and make sure you do some fitness training before as it is a very high resort and a killer on the lungs. Enough there to keep you entertained for a long while.
Pila was good fun, very intense downhill and a lot of unridden terrain left to explore. Sweaty with mosquitos.
Bardonecchia, not loads on offer but a couple of runs far more interesting than the world downhill track.
If you wanted to hit a single Italian resort, livigno no doubt. If you have transport then I would reccomend hugging the France/italy border and moving about a bit.

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Fri May 04, 2012 8:16 am

Livigno actually looks a reasonable distance from Verona. Only a 3 1/2 hour drive.

Are the ski lifts open in the summer?

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Mon May 07, 2012 8:13 am

MarcATB wrote:yes, that is our cool bx track. You can combine riding in Slovenia, and then come with them to Serbia. I can send you contacts of Slovenians, if you need them

Where in Serbia is the competition? If it's in the north I'll go to Slovenia or id it's in the south I'll go to Bulgaria/Romania.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Mon May 07, 2012 2:49 pm

North... look for Novi Sad, on river Danube

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Mon May 07, 2012 3:28 pm

MarcATB wrote:North... look for Novi Sad, on river Danube

Yeah had a look, hopefully I can get flights to Ljubljana, do some boarding in Slovenia, train to Zagreb spend a few days there then train to Novi Sad for the comp and fly back from Belgrade, maybe go to a Red Star game if the season has started.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Wed May 09, 2012 1:14 am

we like everybody ;)
where are U from?

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Wed May 09, 2012 2:25 am

lanshan75 wrote:Hello,everybody,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.

We must first consult the council of elders, if acceptable they will ask you a number of riddles, when the task is complete you will be given Princess Ian of Kent's hand in marriage. Only then will we 'like' you.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Return to “Ride Spots”