Rate This Mountainboard Centre: Ride The Hill

Post, review and find ride spots in your area.

Moderator: BgSurfer

1 star Poor
No votes
2 stars Decent
No votes
3 stars Average
10%
4 stars Above Average
17%
5 stars Excellent
37%
Never Ridden There
37%

Total votes: 30

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Ride the Hill XBP Mountainboard Centre

RH1 4EJ Redhill, Bromley, United Kingdom

Services Offered: Tuition / Rental / Sales / Demonstrations / Mobile Mountainboard Centres / Events

Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

Felix_the_Gat
Dirty

Post by Felix_the_Gat » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Never ridden there but wish I could.

wayne74
Slightly dirty

Post by wayne74 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Awsome centre me and 4 friends travelled 3hrs to get there and wasnt disapointed . in fact it was that good on way home we organised another trip there on september 8th.. recomend it to anyone

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:35 am

Felix_the_Gat wrote:Never ridden there but wish I could.
same here
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

lilmoyse
Dirty

Post by lilmoyse » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:30 am

really good, but some of the features and ground needs to be maintained a bit better. if it was i would have given it 5*

snowmonco
Dirty

Post by snowmonco » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:19 am

Felix_the_Gat wrote:Never ridden there but wish I could.

Same here... for that matter I'll be hugely happy if there existed a mountainboard center at all within a reasonable distance, even a pretty basic one.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:32 am

lilmoyse wrote:really good, but some of the features and ground needs to be maintained a bit better. if it was i would have given it 5*

agreed, might have just been when i went there. But i still think its above average as you have a constant uplift, some fun features plus the just huge amount of stuff it has. But it dosnt have a decent freestyle line of tables.
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

Tom's 180's
Dirty

Post by Tom's 180's » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Is it better/worse/about the same as bugs?

Michael
Dirty

Post by Michael » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Tom's 180's wrote:Is it better/worse/about the same as bugs?

Different.

More jib and technical riding than the big air that bugs mainly has
I can do a wheelie on a uni-cycle...

markbrosnan78
Dirty

Post by markbrosnan78 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:59 am

I'm going to really have to make an effort to get over there soon.
[align=center]Trampa[/align]

[align=center]Allowing even fat blokes to ride since 2000...[/align]

evilc

Post by evilc » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:32 am

Yeah, maintenance of the ground is a bit problematic as the soil is extremely sandy, so erosion is a big problem.
Also, the landowner forbids importing of dirt, so andy cannot rectify the problem that way.
(Work in Progress) Board buying guide

My Rides

Main:
TK Pro deck | F3 bindings | FX heelstraps | Rockstar Pro hubs | T1 tyres | Trampa Vertigo trucks w/ Titanium kingpins | Less Spring mod | Yellow Trampa Dampas | Stainless steel fixings upgrade

Spare / Loaner:
Trampa 16 ply 35 deg long deck | Talon II bindings | FX heelstraps | Manhick cast metal triskpoke wheels | Scrub Alu trucks | Green Trampa Dampas | ABS brake kit

ieuan

Post by ieuan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:47 pm

I know I'm biased,but I love this place. So many different things to ride and the sandy soil makes it ridablepretty mmuch whatever the weather.
Glad to say most of the errosion suffered over the winter has now been put right.

GeraldP
Noob

Post by GeraldP » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:55 am

Rode there back in 2003, it was fun then and I bet it's better now!

BadKnob
Baby

Post by BadKnob » Sun May 12, 2013 4:46 am

Loved the place when Andy ran it! What a top man and his staff were just as cool!! Its under new management now. They've updated the website and made some changes to the place but I haven't been there yet. Might give it a miss, from what I gather and from what a few people have told me, it's not the same!
The new owners seem to have bought it as a hobby for their kids/friends/family. They like to close it for their own private functions as and when it suits them. I know we'd all love to be able to do the same, our own little parks. But that's not how you run a business in my books! I may be wrong and misinformed and I really hopes thats the case! I'll be going this week 15-1-2013, I shall report back!

AidanRTH
Baby

Post by AidanRTH » Sun May 12, 2013 10:18 am

Hi All,

Thanks for all of the feedback both positive and negative. It has been a long 6 months getting Ride The Hill on its feet and where we wanted it but this work never stops. I would agree that Maintenance is a huge priority and we're doing everything we can in order to rebuild all wooden features and maintain them and have plans when our "dirt moving window" opens to do necessary maintenance and make changes to our border cross and freestyle areas.

I would love to see all you guys down to us in Surrey in the coming months. Buying a Mountainboard centre is a huge deal and a massive learning curve for us all. I personally have been riding here at Ride The Hill (or trying to) for 13 years. I have seen the place evolve and change hands many times, and Andy was a great guy and good friend of mine. But there is nothing wrong with change. We are very different and i would very much disagree with the comment "we are running the place like a hobby". This place has massive potential and we will be looking to take Ride The Hill and Mountainboarding to a level its never been before. (Currently up on our figures for the last 4 years, so we're getting there). In reply to the comment about our opening...we have closed twice outside of our normal hours once for a refurb on our shop area which was much needed and the secondly for a family funeral.

Ride The Hill will be very different to how you remember it and will change over the coming year but hopefully for the better...As well as building on the elite side of Mountainboarding (building on our freestyle and racing facilities) i am very keen to focus on the grass roots level within Mountainboarding. This is how the sport will grow and so will our business.

But i urge you all to come and meet us...we're not businessmen who saw an opportunity, we are people passionate about the sport and see huge potential for Ride The Hill in the coming years. I would very much like to meet as many people as possible and gain their feedback and ideas. I will be showing my face at every event this year with a team of newly sponsored riders and would love to say hello to everyone!

Should anyone have feedback, ideas etc please get in contact aidan@ridethehill.com and check out the new website which went live last night http://www.ridethehill.com. This will be a working progress over the next few months.

Hope to see you all soon!!

Aidan

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Wed May 15, 2013 3:03 am

kewl! hope it goes well.

Im glad its changed hands and not shut down. Its a good centre with a lot of potential.

I love all the little jib features, especially just the simple ones that you can mess about on with no fear of pain :)

Hope it works well for you. Would love to come down again if i can. Shame its so bloody far.
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

etchy6

Post by etchy6 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:53 am

I've never ridden ride the hill, but would like to if my injury allows me to. anyway i have risen, and spent a lot of time working on grooming BugsBoarding. Grooming is a job that really should be done once a week, more if needed. Aiden, What are you doing this weekend? this sunday we have a large scooter event. come check it out, and the centre?
Dom Etchells

Dizzy Discos Cheltenham
http://www.dizzydiscoscheltenham.co.uk
on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy-Discos-Cheltenham/284193654942363

Book your disco now, be it a 5th birthday party, an 18th, a 21st or just a special occasion.
07879 402 102
01242 604 067

AidanRTH
Baby

Post by AidanRTH » Wed May 29, 2013 6:50 am

Apologies I didn't see your reply Dom!

Would love to have ya down here when you're ready!!
I was actually going to come up and have a look as we're keen to push the dirt scooters at Ride The Hill but due to family circumstances i was unable to make it up!

Will definitely be at your round of the ATBA series as well as your away day!!

Will have to have a chat then!!

Return to “Ride Spots”