Mountain Boarding centre, Halifax

Post, review and find ride spots in your area.

Moderator: BgSurfer

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Thu May 09, 2013 12:52 pm

So talked to the nice people at this mountain boarding centre, they are building new areas and extending the boardercross track and put a shout out on facebook for some help. Seeing as i was going on Sunday anyways i said i'd give 'em a hand building and it looks like it could be a fun filled day of building, boarding and maybe barbequeing.
If anyone lives not to far it would be good to join in and support them as it sounds like they are really putting time, effort and money in up there and considering the amount of centres that shut down at the year i really do think we should support these things before we are all on here wondering where they all went.
Anyone with me?
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Red"]If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough[/color][/SIZE][/font]

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Fri May 10, 2013 12:48 am

I'm with you. I'll be there on Sunday, and I'm bringing my maths.
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Sat May 11, 2013 3:04 am

leapb4ulook wrote:I'm with you. I'll be there on Sunday, and I'm bringing my maths.

Yer man, saw on fb that you were joining the cause, it'll be great to meet you as the only way i know any of the mountain boarding community at the moment is through a pc screen.
It'll also be great to get up to this place as i feel priverleged to have a centre so close.
Glad your bringing the maths 'cos mine are broken! :)
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Red"]If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough[/color][/SIZE][/font]

etchy6

Post by etchy6 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:06 am

It actually looks like a really good centre in all. not somuch for mountainboarding but as an outdoor persuits instructor i think this centre looks awesome. bumber balls, bushcraft,archery, camping, sledging, boarding and so much more
Dom Etchells

Dizzy Discos Cheltenham
http://www.dizzydiscoscheltenham.co.uk
on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy-Discos-Cheltenham/284193654942363

Book your disco now, be it a 5th birthday party, an 18th, a 21st or just a special occasion.
07879 402 102
01242 604 067

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Tue May 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Yer they do allsorts there. It might not be as big as somewhere like Hales but the guys there are really into the sport and welcomed me first time i went up.

If you're ever in the Yorkshire/Leeds area drop in and check it out or get in touch and i'll take you up

WSG7
Dirty

Post by WSG7 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Lets see some video of the new triples and border-x

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Mon May 27, 2013 3:11 pm

WSG7 wrote:Lets see some video of the new triples and border-x

I will take my camera next time i go up and post some stuff up here, and maybe on of the guys there may have a go pro or summat i could borrow for an on board ride

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Been here quite a bit now, almost a regular. Have helped put alot of work into the track etc.

Had a great time here in the sun at the weekend. There are a great bunch of guys that go up alot and give me a ton of advice and help me be a better rider.

I was gonna post some pics but not sure how to on here.

They are haveing a big event in a fortnight i stongly suggest everyone who can should go go on the website for details anotherworldadventurecentre.co.uk or maybe someone could kindly post the event poster they have on here for me as i'm having problems doing that to. (yer you think i'm bad at boarding you ain't seen me try and use a computery thing)

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Nice one!

This event is getting close now and am so looking forward to it. Last time i went the boarderx track was done and looking and riding good and the freestyle area was also looking pretty gnarly as well

varun
Noob

Post by varun » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:05 am

Halifax is on the north Atlantic Ocean standing at the end of Point Pleasant Park best place for Mountain Boarding.....have fun

Return to “Ride Spots”