North West UK - Any Riders In The Wirral/Chester?

Post, review and find ride spots in your area.

Moderator: BgSurfer

GSmith
Baby

North West UK - Any Riders In The Wirral/Chester?

Post by GSmith » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:17 am

Any riders in the Wirral or close to Chester? I'm pretty much the only rider near me and I don't know any good spots. Anyone know any good ones near Birkenhead?

Thanks in advance

The 6th degree

Post by The 6th degree » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi - I'm up in Preston so not that close...

What sort of riding do you do? Hale mountainboarding centre is near Chester and is pretty good and popular.

GSmith
Baby

Post by GSmith » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:51 pm

Yeah Preston's about 50/60 miles away from me :(
And I've been looking at Hales but I can't find prices anywhere? So it's probably going to be one of those 'last resort' things, or when I'm desperate ahaha

The 6th degree

Post by The 6th degree » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:36 am

Yeah - their website doesn't seem to be working...

Do you have all your own gear or would you need to rent and/or take any lessons? IF you are just turning up to ride with your own board it shouldn't be very expensive.

I would suggest having a session there - you should be able to meet a few people who are local to you.

What sort of riding do you do? Freestyle/freeride/downhill?

ade_mcc

Post by ade_mcc » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:29 am

GSmith wrote:...So it's probably going to be one of those 'last resort' things, or when I'm desperate ahaha

I'd make Hales a first resort. A day ticket last time I was there was in the order of £10-15 (with your own gear) plus the drag lift is supposed to be installed there soon. May sound pricey, but there is a massive amount of riding different lines to be done.

Plus, you get the local knowledge from the riders who like to go off-piste now and again.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hales-Superbole-Mountain-Boarding-Centre/44994738448?fref=ts

GSmith
Baby

Post by GSmith » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:16 am

Do you have all your own gear or would you need to rent and/or take any lessons? IF you are just turning up to ride with your own board it shouldn't be very expensive.

I would suggest having a session there - you should be able to meet a few people who are local to you.

What sort of riding do you do? Freestyle/freeride/downhill?

I'd be using my own gear, and I'm more of a 'learn by falling on my ass' kinda rider ahaha. I'm more downhill but only because I've not been able to get into freestyle for the lack of spots. It's basically all I get to do.

I'd make Hales a first resort. A day ticket last time I was there was in the order of £10-15 (with your own gear) plus the drag lift is supposed to be installed there soon. May sound pricey, but there is a massive amount of riding different lines to be done.

Plus, you get the local knowledge from the riders who like to go off-piste now and again.

Not as bad as I thought it would be, thank you =) might drop down there today actually...

Richie-
Baby

Post by Richie- » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:08 pm

im in ellesmere port just about to buy my first board, i will be mainly kite boarding tho but the occasional downhill does interest me

GSmith
Baby

Post by GSmith » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:22 am

Oh aye, if you find any good downhill runs in the port can you drop us a location? I live quite close to the port but I don't know it well enough to board there without a goal in mind.

Return to “Ride Spots”