frankenboarding

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:01 am

do you ever stop making stuff belac :p clear hubs would look sick, if u dont do it send the idea to trampa, they like making hubs in different styles

in reply to your question to saul, the risers might be to adjust the tip angle to 35 degrees? as the pro 95 has 15 degree tips if i remember right which makes it a bitch to freeride smoothly, i have to slide around most things or use stuff as berms to get around corners
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:21 am

do you ever stop making stuff

"when a human being can be creative, thats when really anything is possible." - nicolas muller (my fav snowboarder these days)

i predict in about a year or two this type of mountainboard forum will be jam packed with peoples home builds and mods, has happened allready in most board sports i'm into, think mountainboard will get there soon. and then someone will finally invent elctromagnetic shoe bindings:p

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:03 am

belac wrote: and then someone will finally invent elctromagnetic shoe bindings:p

I have magnetic bindings, they're not electromagnetic, but magnetic all the same. Best used with skyhooks though. I'll post pics if you want, they're not much to look at, but they're still pretty cool
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

mario64

Post by mario64 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:56 pm

i have a scrub karakorum, but with mbs f3 bindings, orange egg shocks, and i have modified the stock trucks to be adjustable.
Attachments
DSC00026.jpg
IMG_0146.jpg
IMG_0144.jpg
IMG_0147.jpg

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:16 pm

if you want to lower the weight of that board considerably stick some 8 inch tyres on it like the primo alpha lites

mario64

Post by mario64 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:18 pm

aren't 8inch not at fast on bumpy stuff, well i suppose i don't ride stuff that bumpy

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:56 pm

quicker acceleration, slower top speed. Iv rode everything i used to ride on my 9s, gonna put them on this winter and see how they go though :p but iv not had a problem making the change, i still ride the same places, and i ride them faster but thats due to improved technique

mario64

Post by mario64 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:59 pm

cool, when it gets to half term i think me and my mate Jonny are going to go ride the hill at red hill and try to get test rides on some other boards to see if we want to get new components or a new board all together.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:11 pm

mario64 wrote:cool, when it gets to half term i think me and my mate Jonny are going to go ride the hill at red hill and try to get test rides on some other boards to see if we want to get new components or a new board all together.

kewl, dunno what the rental boards are like at centres but sometimes they can be real shoody and worse than that scrub quasar

mario64

Post by mario64 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:24 pm

yeah, i suppose we will have to see, could always ask another rider for a quick go, see if they let us?

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:38 pm

im sure they would if theyre there. Email ahead and ask if and what u could try out

Ryker Gro.
Noob

Post by Ryker Gro. » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Heres my frankenboard, i like wood decks.
Attachments
Photo0061.jpg

Ryker Gro.
Noob

Post by Ryker Gro. » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:34 pm

Heres mine, F3 Ratchets, black twistars(white lettering scraped off long ago), modified skate trucks(dont got the cash for channels yet) and to top it off a pink girl brand skate deck(i like wooden decks)
Attachments
Photo0061.jpg

mario64

Post by mario64 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 am

Heres my
Trampa: 35 long deck, soft tires and heal straps
Scrub: Hubs and Trucks
MBS: F3 Bindings
Attachments
IMG_0175.jpg
IMG_0172.jpg
IMG_0173.jpg

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:17 pm

the essence of the frankenboard conception is possibly found in down time. when that winter blustery storm rocks thru all week and you have to huddel next to the fire with nothing but scrabbel and tea, when your injured and out from riding from a seasson, or like me when you work to much and let your imagination run wild whilst you should be concentratin on something a bit more important.

lately i had a look thru my spares box and came across some of the many broken cube trucks i've collected, also found a spring set and some mellow yellows. after a few lunchtimes of dremmeling, tapping, screwing and swearing i came up with these saved from the grave trucks. gonna go and test them some time this weekend, but from playing in the driveway they seem to feel not to shody.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:36 pm

That truck is so crazy they turned the world upside down and created New Zealand in order to contain it.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

mario64

Post by mario64 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Two Thumbs up Belac, can't see why it wouldn't work well
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:32 pm

so works brilliantly, gets rid of the mid wobbel of the cube and the chatter of the springs. you can hoon it at full noise and still carve off the speed if you want. pretty chuffed with these, gonna do the same to a few more trucks i've got. did a little bit of appaling footage of testing them in the local park last night, but the camera broke and it has the image half covered, only one ride down acctually recorded:mad: think i've killed another camera:o and now photobucket won't upload it.

i like the t nut idea mario, deffinetly a cheaper way of sorting out threding for the compression screw. i bought a tap (hole threder) kit and used that, got alot of furniture stuff i'm gonna do with it as well so was worth getting. but if anybody else wants to try this i think the t nut should do fine. the tap
i found worked was metric and 8mm x 1.25mm.

brennig: for some reasson nz has loads of gi boards kicking around, so i spose this mod might be usefull for some of those who had to ditch them cos of the broke and now unavailable cubes. thy'll be truly crazy if i can drill a round shaft thru the king pin assembly and bypass the cube entirely. the other ones i had a play with were cut up gi hangers on mbs nylon baseplates, gotta get some supa stiff trampa dampas for that one tho as they're way to loose.

mario64

Post by mario64 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:25 am

for the tap, the best drill bit is 6.8mm, but 7mm works fine if you can't get the 6.8mm.

Return to “The Shed”