Truck models / drawings

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

pd2h

Truck models / drawings

Post by pd2h » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 am

Does anyone have these for the old style matrix truck ie the one with plastic hanger..?

Cheers

BgSurfer

Post by BgSurfer » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:30 pm

I remembered this thread about truck design/build. No drawings though. Sounded like Felx the Gat might have some. Maybe AAAking too?

Maybe you could PM them.

http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4888
~~~~~

Keeping the Stoke
http://www.bgsurf.blogspot.com/2009/10/street-carver-keeping-stoke-riding.html
The older I get, the better I was...
Ride what you like. :cool:[color="Green"][/color]

pd2h

Post by pd2h » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:13 am

Cheers for that well remembered!!

Felix_the_Gat
Dirty

Post by Felix_the_Gat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:36 am

Sorry, I don't have anything on the Matrix truck.

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:43 am

i have a set here at work ive been thinking or reverse engineering them into Pro-E creo
im looking to make a set 18 to 10 inch wide for Little alaska and back country free ride

not sure what your looking to do with it but ill send it your way once i draw it up

pd2h

Post by pd2h » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

Basically what I need to do is remake the top hanger so it can be used to attach the matrix style truck to my flame deck without re-drilling the deck. I have full access to a metal fab shop with my job at the moment who will happily make the new hangers for me, I just need some drawings to do a proper job so ideally all i need is the design for the hanger so I can get someone here to mod it (they don't have time to do it all for me) to suit the flame drill pattern.

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:43 am

so you want the Base plate design?
but with another bolt pattern for a different deck?
and this is for the plastic base plate (top truck) matrix style trucks and not the new aluminum?

i can re-engineer them here at work
i have a metal fab shop i work in but need to spend more time on the engineer side so this is a good project just want to be sure im getting you the correct info

next what is a good format to send it to you in most likely ill make it in pro-e creo but can export in just about anything

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:18 pm

now you got me curious and jealous PURE, what is it that you do exactly?

pd2h

Post by pd2h » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:12 pm

PURE63 wrote:so you want the Base plate design?
but with another bolt pattern for a different deck?
and this is for the plastic base plate (top truck) matrix style trucks and not the new aluminum?

i can re-engineer them here at work
i have a metal fab shop i work in but need to spend more time on the engineer side so this is a good project just want to be sure im getting you the correct info

next what is a good format to send it to you in most likely ill make it in pro-e creo but can export in just about anything

Exactly you got me, what I need is the outline design for the top hanger in what format I am not sure but I know the guys at work use solid works and cad. They have said they will do the hole reposition I just need the outline for them to work with as they don't have the time to do that.

Then I can get the new hangers made, admittedly only out of good old steel not ally but still should not add any weight and will be easy to swap trucks if needs be...

CHeers

saul
Dirty

Post by saul » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:46 pm

pd2h wrote:Does anyone have these for the old style matrix truck ie the one with plastic hanger..?

Cheers

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/533048

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Ben wrote:now you got me curious and jealous PURE, what is it that you do exactly?

My Job title Is Precision CNC Machinist

i work for a company called Omnivision technologies
i make the molds and dies for cell phone camera lenses or basically any micro lens currently going in cars computers hand held devices and soon to be in the orthoscopic (medical cameras) too

this is one of many machinig jobs i have done
most of my career has been spent on prototype machining and tool and die

in the past i have done things from canning line supply, to medical, to paper, to oil, to aerospace work

my proudest achevment is that i did all the gears for the mars rovers currently working the surface of mars

i can and have run machines from 3 to 4 to 5 axis CNC mill
2, 3, and 4 axis lathe
2,3,4,5,6, axis Wire and Ram EDM
CNC grinder
electronic drilling machine. 5 axis robot and many others

i love my job and it has been great
currently i have my own shop with CNC lathe and 4 axis CNC mill accompanied by a manual mill and lathe

over the years i have prototyped most of your mountainboard parts on an MBS board
the first Aluminum trucks where 1000 times better than what they currently manufacture but thats because i had the time and money to make the ideal ATB truck however it wasnt cost effective for MBS to produce

i could go down a grocery list of changes i have made to the board that you have seen

before there was matrix ultra lights there was Gatling trucks made from stock matrix trucks

here is a little taste of some stuff i have made unfortunately i can only show so much without getting in trouble

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.54501968735.68512.650503735&type=3

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:57 pm

pd2h wrote:Exactly you got me, what I need is the outline design for the top hanger in what format I am not sure but I know the guys at work use solid works and cad. They have said they will do the hole reposition I just need the outline for them to work with as they don't have the time to do that.

Then I can get the new hangers made, admittedly only out of good old steel not ally but still should not add any weight and will be easy to swap trucks if needs be...

CHeers

so this is for the plastic top truck?
got it ill bring one in and get it to you in the coming week

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:19 pm

pure that is awesome! im impressed.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Sick Pure, well im pretty damn impressed, you big cock tease though :P

I really want to see these ultimate ATB trucks!
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:58 pm

im currently not in possession of the trucks
however i will tell you this
they look similar to the matrix trucks except one major factor

that was... the axles where replaceable
so if you bent one side of the axle you could just unscrew it and screw in another, no need to buy an entire hanger.
this also gave you the ability to change from a (freestyle) small tire/ short axle combo to a (downhill) big tire/ wide axle combo in less than 5 minutes and only have 1 deck for 2 types of terrain

i know they are sitting in a dark dusty corner ill see about getting them

BgSurfer

Post by BgSurfer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Your skills and work are very impressive Pure.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to make some custom bottom trucks with removable axle capabilities, inside spring positions and usable with standard Matrix composite baseplates.

Would really like to compare 17" axles with 18" axles for street carving. 16" axles are a little too responsive and drifty. 18" axles have great tracking but are a little stiff in tight cutbacks.

PURE63 wrote:that was... the axles where replaceable
so if you bent one side of the axle you could just unscrew it and screw in another, no need to buy an entire hanger.
this also gave you the ability to change from a (freestyle) small tire/ short axle combo to a (downhill) big tire/ wide axle combo in less than 5 minutes and only have 1 deck for 2 types of terrain
~~~~~

Keeping the Stoke
http://www.bgsurf.blogspot.com/2009/10/street-carver-keeping-stoke-riding.html
The older I get, the better I was...
Ride what you like. :cool:[color="Green"][/color]

pd2h

Post by pd2h » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:50 am

PURE63 wrote:so this is for the plastic top truck?
got it ill bring one in and get it to you in the coming week

Amazing that is awesome cheers man!!

Loving the stuff you are making there too, looks like a much more precision outfit than our place ;-) You should see the old school lathe we have!! ;)

pd2h

Post by pd2h » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:52 am

Thanks for that but $50 yikes could almost buy some new trucks for that!! :rolleyes:

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:55 am

pd2h wrote:Thanks for that but $50 yikes could almost buy some new trucks for that!! :rolleyes:

You don't have to pay to download it.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:35 am

BgSurfer wrote:Your skills and work are very impressive Pure.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to make some custom bottom trucks with removable axle capabilities, inside spring positions and usable with standard Matrix composite baseplates.

Would really like to compare 17" axles with 18" axles for street carving. 16" axles are a little too responsive and drifty. 18" axles have great tracking but are a little stiff in tight cutbacks.

yeah i would be
currently im looking to make something in the 20 inch range
at least once a year we go out to Grand Junction and try and hit this place

http://youtu.be/X5OiA0pSmbA

(Little Alaska or Skinny Ridge in Grand Junction at 1:15)

no one rider has yet to make the whole thing
so im thinking wider trucks and bigger wheels
ive just been lazy on the design

Return to “The Shed”