Hitting your head gives you suspension ideas.

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri May 04, 2012 2:17 am

Every colour of the rainbow!
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

sir seymour

Post by sir seymour » Fri May 04, 2012 6:15 am

I think you'll find a lot more nosnoists have stumbled across the internet than you realise, it's just that they prefer to observe rather than get involved in debate about things that they may have already debated many years ago, in the pub and the workshop. Either that or their webbed hands make it too hard to type.
While a boulder strapped to the forehead may improve straight line speed over a long distance, the sacrifice in accelaration and manouverability would result in a slower ride so I shall stick with the cock you already believe I have attached to the forementioned area. As I said before, prove me wrong.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri May 04, 2012 7:43 am

I don't think I'm coming across right, I'm not building a downhill, freestyle or whatever board. Nosno have obviously hit the nail on the head when it comes to downhill, even though their boards seem crazy, like strapping a boulder to your forehead but it works, and has remained unchanged for over a decade, they're unbeatable. Downhill demands an tough board or 'boulder' and as a result your view point is understandable, get overly complex and the track will punish you. But I'm not building a downhill board.

There are big steep slopes in my area, my board can't handle the rough terrain at the moment. I could beef up a nosno like a downhill set up but then it's unsuitable for hard carving, scrubbing and sliding to get me down the slope and avoid sheep and slate. The obvious answer to me was a simple suspension set up, basically turning my small nimble wheels in 10 inchers but keeping it light, it also allows me to have loads of adjustability. If I wanted a downhill board I'd get a nosno, or if I wanted a freestyle board I'd get an MBS. Sorry if I came over as having a cock in a forementioned area, it's easy to misjudge tone over the interweb, especially with webbed hands. I hope this makes things clearer?
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Kiwy
Dirty

Post by Kiwy » Fri May 04, 2012 11:28 am

Don't go hating an idea just yet. I don't fully support suspension. hell I'm even attracted more to vector trucks than spring ones.
But this is innovation and i honestly feel mountainboading could do a lot more. if no company takes the risk, then testing new concepts and components is left to the riders.

I feel intrigued when I imagine that a suspension truck could give me more pop or absorb a big drop. yeah tires and board flex do that but what if there's more?

If one crazy or stupid design fails, then at least you know you can move to the next crazy stupid design.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri May 04, 2012 11:38 am

Kiwy wrote:Don't go hating an idea just yet. I don't fully support suspension. hell I'm even attracted more to vector trucks than spring ones.
But this is innovation and i honestly feel mountainboading could do a lot more. if no company takes the risk, then testing new concepts and components is left to the riders.

I feel intrigued when I imagine that a suspension truck could give me more pop or absorb a big drop. yeah tires and board flex does that but what if there's more?

If one crazy or stupid design fails, then at least you know you can move to the next crazy stupid design.

Feel free to shoot me.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Michael
Dirty

Post by Michael » Fri May 04, 2012 12:01 pm

Returning to my earlier point, look what i found!
I can do a wheelie on a uni-cycle...

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri May 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Does that have 5 wheels?
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Felix_the_Gat
Dirty

Post by Felix_the_Gat » Fri May 04, 2012 3:22 pm

It looks like it has six wheels.

OldSchoolH8
Slightly dirty

Post by OldSchoolH8 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:44 pm

it looks like 1 wheel is missing oO
This moment when you know you wouldn't land your trick. Priceless.

BgSurfer

Post by BgSurfer » Sat May 05, 2012 11:43 am

I count 5 wheels. Look like a BU board with a center wheel closer to the rear. Apparently for pivot steering because the other 4 wheels don't look like they steer.

Also looks like zero shock absorption.
~~~~~

Keeping the Stoke
http://www.bgsurf.blogspot.com/2009/10/street-carver-keeping-stoke-riding.html
The older I get, the better I was...
Ride what you like. :cool:[color="Green"][/color]

Return to “The Shed”