Flexscoot : our coming out

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

SpinDR
Noob

Post by SpinDR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 am

Dude, that sucks about them steeling it. Hate how some people have no respect what so ever for others.
But at least if you ever see it online, you can work on tracking down who stole it.

Flexboardz
Dirty

Post by Flexboardz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 am

Here is the final generation of Flexscoot...
Shorter, lighter and equiped with the new flexboardz trucks...and a key !

As bgsurfer will notice, it is targeted toward surfers...

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:21 am

That looks pretty darn smart if I say so myself. Do you have anymore info on the trucks we can dribble over?
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

BgSurfer

Post by BgSurfer » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:06 am

Flexboardz wrote:Here is the final generation of Flexscoot...
Shorter, lighter and equiped with the new flexboardz trucks...and a key !

As bgsurfer will notice, it is targeted toward surfers...

All you need now is the surfboard rack accessory.

What kind of cruising range does it have?
~~~~~

Keeping the Stoke
http://www.bgsurf.blogspot.com/2009/10/street-carver-keeping-stoke-riding.html
The older I get, the better I was...
Ride what you like. :cool:[color="Green"][/color]

Flexboardz
Dirty

Post by Flexboardz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:22 am

Range is 25 km at 30 kmh... but it is meant for short range transportation (few km).
In fact, a full rack would be a bit overengineered for such limited speed/range. In addition, as the handle bar post is very narrow, you can simply hang the board bag under it and hold it between the legs... at 30 km/h, it is not a big deal .
We will install a seat later on able to hold a board

Flexboardz
Dirty

Post by Flexboardz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:26 am

The shorter frame coupled with the new G2 truck make the Flexscoot much more maniable and playful.
Quite funny to race the sidewalks and bike lanes...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0snQyP8fVfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:11 am

Awesome! I've spent all of my freetime over the last week playing around with your design and it appears to be a whole lot better than conventional "mountainboard trucks". I would consider these the first "real mountainboard" trucks, completely separate from borrowed skate and channel truck (king pin) designs. The boards are no longer just "big skateboards with tyres" but mountainboards, something wholly separate and unique, not a cross-over of different sports.

From a design point of view these trucks are the direction to go with mountainboarding, i hope they ride just as awesome as they look. When I start building my boards they will be designed around this style of truck rather than channel, skate or nosno-style trucks. I might be speaking out of my ass but these trucks are revolutionary :D
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:29 am

nice! looks very smooth and slick but 'does it bounce?' not literally, i mean how would trucks like these cope with hard impact from 2 meters with 70kg load....?
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:08 am

Ben wrote:nice! looks very smooth and slick but 'does it bounce?' not literally, i mean how would trucks like these cope with hard impact from 2 meters with 70kg load....?

Better than conventional channel trucks, the load will spread throughout the board much better through 8 pivots, compared to 2 king pins. There's also room in the design to allow for some impact absorption. I think you could easily add an inch of travel without affecting steering, something no other truck has been able to do.

Don't take my word for it, but from what I can gather that's what should happen.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:52 am

surely the arm will provide moment and increase strain + a hinge isnt the strongest of points normally and with 8 of them.... are all the hinges the same size? and how do they hinge, with a bearing?
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Flexboardz
Dirty

Post by Flexboardz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 am

Thanks a lot for this comment, Brennig, it really makes my day !

It took me 10 years of active forum pimping to get a comment so close from my personnal immodest views and objective (from someone that I have not highly corrupted before).

I plan to spend the next 10 years to convince the rest of the forum members... and retire !

Flexboardz
Dirty

Post by Flexboardz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:10 am

To Ben : yes, there is a lot of loads on the arm hinge... we have learnt the hard way how to make it (almost) "rider proof" in the last 10 years...

The G2 is a reinforced version where we have corrected the weaknesses of the first generation (the arms hinge on friction bearing).
However, riders are so creative that an unbreakable boards is only a dream...

Flexboardz
Dirty

Post by Flexboardz » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:44 am

Regarding autonomy, we performed made more accurate test on flat land : 40+km at 20 km/h and 30+ at max speed ie 30/35 km/h

Here is another short video of our Flexscoot test at bmx/skate park...if it can handles this, it would handle daily urban use (beside theft)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fGOECsFXmz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Flexboardz wrote:Regarding autonomy, we performed made more accurate test on flat land : 40+km at 20 km/h and 30+ at max speed ie 30/35 km/h

Here is another short video of our Flexscoot test at bmx/skate park...if it can handles this, it would handle daily urban use (beside theft)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fGOECsFXmz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man I have prob said this a million times but those things look like a real hoot.
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

Flexboardz
Dirty

Post by Flexboardz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:57 am

if hoot means funny, yes, definitely ...and that's the big surprise for me!!

When we began working on urban transportation and decided to develop the Flexscoot, it was a rationnal choice more than an enthousiastic guts decision.

At first, I considered it as heavy hybrids very convenient for non riding urban people ... but not in the same league than real boards ...

I changed my mind in the last months as it provides a lot of fun in an unexpected way. Each simple daily use is the occasion for a carve, a small jump, a slide, a moment of speed.... and provide its amount of riding pleasure...

I even had non riding friends (I have few) telling me, after riding the Flexscoot, that they understand the pleasure of riding a board...

BgSurfer

Post by BgSurfer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:29 am

Hoot = a blast, a lot of fun, good time
~~~~~

Keeping the Stoke

Flexboardz
Dirty

Post by Flexboardz » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:37 am

Thanks for the translation...

Yes, it's really a lot of fun, and in many unexpected ways : for instance, this morning I had a ride in tandem with my young daughter on the dirtroads around, picking up few mushrooms and seeing some animals... a new kind of riding experience for me !

Flexboardz
Dirty

Post by Flexboardz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:05 am

The first purpose of this post is to stop 3 weeks of silence (is there a strike or what?) in the most creative boardriding forum with a question :

We plan to propose the Flexscoot on the main crowdfunding sites (kickstarter, symbid...). To improve our chance of success, we need to prepare it with some communication/word of mouth/buzz...

Which blogs, forums, medias, social network or other would you advise ?

BgSurfer

Post by BgSurfer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:35 am

Yes, it seems the golden days of SD have come and gone.

You might try posting in the Longboard Hybrids subforum over at Silverfish. But occasionally they can get hostile there .

Have you seen these.

I think you have them beat hands down for speed and turning, especially with lean turns:

http://www.zapworld.com/zappy-3-pro

~~~~~

Keeping the Stoke

BgSurfer

Post by BgSurfer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:19 am

BgSurfer wrote:Yes, it seems the golden days of SD have come and gone.

You might try posting in the Longboard Hybrids subforum over at Silverfish. But occasionally they can get hostile there .

Have you seen these.

I think you have them beat hands down for speed and turning, especially with lean turns:

http://www.zapworld.com/zappy-3-pro

Posted the wrong link and picture. The one above is the Junior.

Zappy3

http://www.zapworld.com/zappy3-pro-flex-electric-scooter-transporter

~~~~~

Keeping the Stoke

Return to “The Shed”