Who was it that made their own cable disk brakes?

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

The 6th degree

Who was it that made their own cable disk brakes?

Post by The 6th degree » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:45 am

I've been searching for the thread for ages and cant find it - can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to have another go at making some.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:27 am

nick is the original ABS guy - think he is silver surfer on here....not sure at all though.

anyway i have also made the mounts for nosno trucks. in fact in im the process of whipping up a batch of 12 sets as at the moment! already have all the parts, just need to stay late after work one day and weld it up....

are you after a set for nosno on matrix then?
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

The 6th degree

Post by The 6th degree » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:42 am

No - there was another guy who popped up on here relatively recently in a random thread who had bodged together a set out of mountainbike cable disk brakes and minimoto disk rotors - something I have been looking at doing.

I wanted to check which brake parts he used and how he joined the two cables. I'm sure its in his post but cant find it for the life of me. Either that or a dreamt it...

BTW - might take you up on a set for alloy axles. I already have one set, but its nice to have spares.

_Kryten_
Slightly dirty

Post by _Kryten_ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:52 am

I've bin wanting to do this my self everything seems easy only thing is the discs in would struggle with. All else is easy break leaver break cable and a set of BMX U breaks

The 6th degree

Post by The 6th degree » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 am

The disks are easy - minimoto rotors are 120mm the same as NoSno and are about £3.50 on eBay. Its just getting the mounting down because of the drill patterns, which I dont think would be too hard to sort if you are careful.

Using 2nd hand bits off eBay (you can pick up cable disk brakes for £10-£20) and axle mounts made in Israel...*wink*, I reckon you could prob make a solid brake set for around £50.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:07 pm

It was on Facebook, can't remember who either, darn.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:08 pm

I remember, it was Wayne Bell, he posted it in the Nosno owners club.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

The 6th degree

Post by The 6th degree » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:52 am

Cheers Brennig - no wonder I couldn't find it here.

wayne74
Slightly dirty

Post by wayne74 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Yes it was me still working well a few tweaks here n there but got ther in the end i got my discs off here i think from box brakes callipers from mini moto. By the way brennig i pmd you about some bindings etc you where selling . Why no reply?

Return to “The Shed”