MBS Matrix on Trampa

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

markbrosnan78
Dirty

MBS Matrix on Trampa

Post by markbrosnan78 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:26 am

Search is throwing up too many results. Long and short is to put MBS Matrix on a Trampa drilled for Infinities does it require some redrilling or is it a straight swap? Also any thoughts on the V5 brake kit? Not as good as the Trampa I guess but cheaper to swap to? Anyone know if anyone has any UK stock? ATB OOS at the moment and I can't phone anyone until tomorrow.

Ta,
[align=center]Trampa[/align]

[align=center]Allowing even fat blokes to ride since 2000...[/align]

LivEviL

Post by LivEviL » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:23 am

Yes MBS trucks will fit on Trampa deck but they will not fit on a Trampa Holy Pro deck because the Holy has a different bolt pattern. V5 brake is not very dependable for stopping, it will some what slow you down but not stop you. If you are going to do steep tight single track get a Trampa brake set up.
He's no good to me dead.

markbrosnan78
Dirty

Post by markbrosnan78 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:28 pm

I would rather have the Trampa set up but they only sell with the additional truck which I don't need and an extra £20 for vented discs.

Now if its £200 for the Magura set up plus one Infinity truck (£60) I'm hoping that they will sell me the brake system alone for £140.

Well that's what I've asked. I'll see what they say...

I'm going brake less for the time being as there is no point in spending money out for a system I'll want to upgrade soon after.

Thanks for the help.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:13 pm

v5 brake kits make good light pulls in your bathroom if you break the old one.
they do not stop a mountainboard going anything over the speed of an old dog walking.
you can use the metal disks they come with on proper breaks if you make them yourself.

sandwiched critisism.

markbrosnan78
Dirty

Post by markbrosnan78 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:34 am

Belac, not a fan of the MBS system then?

I've just had an email from Ted. You need the truck as it is CNC modified for the Magura system to fit onto it.

I've ordered some Superstar hubs but then I will need to buy a kite board before upgrading to the Trampa brake system.

Return to “The Shed”