Snowboard Bindings

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

Kiwy
Dirty

Snowboard Bindings

Post by Kiwy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:13 am

It is my intention to build a custom board this summer.
The setup until now is:

-PMS-Board
http://www.pms-board.com/zbozi/3393/Lady-I-Carbon-HARD.htm

-MBS matrix Lite trucks, Red eggs.

-Tyres
[img]http://www.scoot69.co.uk/ekmps/shops/scoot69/images/mbs-road-tyres-1387-p[ekm]300x224[ekm].jpg[/img]

-Bindings
???
I was looking into snowboard bindings that have a detachable heel/back, so I would still be able to skate or pull myself out. But I have never ridden a mountainboard with snow bindings.
Guys who did or made this setup, what are the advantages and disadvantages of mounting snow bindings on a mountainboard?

This setup is aimed for street and freestyle mostly. I have yet to test the quality and durability of that type of deck but i have one close, so I will decide soon enough if it's a good investment.

bennett326
Noob

Post by bennett326 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:30 pm

i use an old pair of snowboard bindings and they are great! i love the snowboard mount because i can adjust the angle of the binding unlike with mountain board bindings. also you can find a pair of snowboard bindings much cheaper than ladder style mountainboard ones. i got mine for 20$ with a snowboard included !

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:33 am

i ride my nosno with full snowboard bindings.

pros, amazing control, super locked in, adjustability.

cons, weight, mine are uncomfortable in skate shoes so i wear snowboard boots. You can't push.
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

Return to “The Shed”