Improvised mountain-board/ carve-board...

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

SomeNewbGuy
Noob

Improvised mountain-board/ carve-board...

Post by SomeNewbGuy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:49 am

I'm thinking of making what you could probably call an improvised mountainboard. What im thinking of doing is getting a regular skateboard deck and mounting dampa-less trampa infinity trucks with some roadies on them on the kicktails.

Im wondering if anyone has done this and could say how well this would work and how hard turning might be.Also, are the Dampas needed to properly keep the springs in place, or would i be able to go without them with no worry?

If there are any other things i could do with this idea on a budget then any advice would be great.

I would probably use this to get to college as i could do with a faster way than walking and half the paths i use are too rough for a skate/longboard to comfortably handle(i think).

fenboy

Post by fenboy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:33 pm

I did something similar with a skateboard but with skate board trucks and wheels by mounting them on the nose and tail then just stuck some Velcro bindings on. Was a pretty good toy to jib and cruise around on.

SomeNewbGuy
Noob

Post by SomeNewbGuy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:23 am

Do you know how far above/ bellow the deck the 'pivot' point was? By this I mean the height relative to the deck that the hangars on the trucks tilt at? I'm curious about this because if this is too high, then it could get problematic to turn.

BgSurfer

Post by BgSurfer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:33 am

Your problem will be tip angle. For channel trucks to turn properly, they typically need 30-35 degree tip angles.
~~~~~

Keeping the Stoke
http://www.bgsurf.blogspot.com/2009/10/street-carver-keeping-stoke-riding.html
The older I get, the better I was...
Ride what you like. :cool:[color="Green"][/color]

BgSurfer

Post by BgSurfer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:44 am

Your problem will be tip angle. For channel trucks to turn properly, they typically need 30-35 degree tip angles.
Correct tip angle usually brings the top of the axles to just below the bottom of the deck also.
~~~~~

Keeping the Stoke
http://www.bgsurf.blogspot.com/2009/10/street-carver-keeping-stoke-riding.html
The older I get, the better I was...
Ride what you like. :cool:[color="Green"][/color]

SomeNewbGuy
Noob

Post by SomeNewbGuy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Ok, I'll try to keep that in mind when choosing the trucks. I'm planning to buy the deck first and then decide on the trucks from there.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “The Shed”