A really crasy idea...

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

SomeNewbGuy
Noob

A really crasy idea...

Post by SomeNewbGuy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:43 am

So i had a really crazy idea for a motorboard:

http://i.imgur.com/FRIWx5d.png

A= Big wheel, Ideally from a moto x bike

B= Engine of some sort, mounted on a frame along with the wheel and fuel tank and drive chain.

C= a miss labeling... damnit...

D= throttle and handbrake

E= The strongest board you can build.

I can't make this because I'm only 16 and just started college... If someone is crazy enough to bring life into this idea then your free to use it.

Also, the big wheel goes at the back and there would be a heavy duty wheelguard over it.

Any comments welcome!

SomeNewbGuy
Noob

Post by SomeNewbGuy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:20 am

Also the picture isn't drawn to scale...

sk8norcal
Dirty

Post by sk8norcal » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:19 pm

3 wheel motoboard has been done, many times....

1965 hobie alter

whole bunch more here,

http://wackyboards.blogspot.com/search/label/motorized%20gas%20boards%202%2F3%2FT

http://wackyboards.blogspot.com/search/label/motorized%20electric%20boards%202%2F3%2FT

forget gas, electric is way to go.

personally, i think a dirtsurfer front, mtboard truck rear might be interesting... for a 3 wheeler.
but 4 wheels the way to go.

SomeNewbGuy
Noob

Post by SomeNewbGuy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Hmm... well i guess i wouldn't be the only one to think of sticking a petrol engine on a board...

The idea came to me when i was watching some Moto-X bikes on youtube; and liking the way the rear wheel tears up the track in its wake... Then i thought "How could i shove that wheel on one of these boards?" then this happened...

Now the question would be: which would last longer for its size and cost? A tank full of petrol, or an equally sized battery? This isn't that important but still makes me wonder...

Although knowing my luck, an electric motor would be better in cost and maintenance...

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Being a sparky i'll let you know a few things, you'll get instance power and tourque from an electric motor really is twist n go. If you get the right motor you'll also get faster acceleration. It'll be easier to maintain as there is only one moving part but you may get weight and distance issues (due to batterys). And if you decide on electric and want distance and lighter weight you'll go with a few lithium-ion jobs and the cost. A lot!!
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Red"]If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough[/color][/SIZE][/font]

Return to “The Shed”