Project Nosno

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

kitemechanics
Noob

Project Nosno

Post by kitemechanics » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:44 am

[ATTACH]1416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1417[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1418[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1419[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1420[/ATTACH]
Hi people, here is a little something i have been working on for a while. The idea of the project was to create a NoSno setup that was light enough for kite land boarding and strong enough for the hardest freeride trail and freestyle sessions. We came up with this, the deck is a custom carbon and Kevlar which is pretty much indestructible, it has a semi flat rocker which keeps the centre of gravity very low and the raised section in the middle prevents bottoming out which makes for an awesome ride. Tip angles are set to the standard NoSno angle to keep the ride and steering very similar to the original NoSno design. The pop on the deck awesome as with most carbon boards and the ride is truly epic. We are extremely pleased with the outcome of the project and the time and effort taken to design the unique deck was worth every second and penny. I hope this is something that you guys will enjoy. I would like to thank a couple of people from here for thinking outside the bounds of “off the shelf products” : Daleyg3 and leapb4ulook you inspired this project so I thank you for that greatly! I hope you all enjoy this as much as we did!
Billy @ Kite Mechanics
Dont forget you can keep up with our projects on http://www.facebook.com/kitemechanics
Attachments
nosnotop.jpg
nosnobase.jpg
nosnoside.jpg
nosnofront.jpg
nosnotruck.jpg

Christian
Noob

Post by Christian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Very nice !
My old Nosno will ask me an upgrade.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:02 am

looks very tidy! very nice work. how much does it weigh?
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

kitemechanics
Noob

Post by kitemechanics » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:29 am

Thanks guys, the setup pictured weighs in at 6.2kg and is suitable for a rider around 85-95kg. The deck weighs 1500g. The layup and manufacturing is long and complex, but the result is worth it! I have plans to build up some titanium and composte mix trucks with a predicted weight of 350g each or 700g for the pair. This will give another saving of around 1.7kg and will improve durability further.

kitemechanics
Noob

Post by kitemechanics » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:51 am

Well, we came up with a name for the board in the end. Following on from the the launch of the Faux-board line up, we are using the name "Faux-Sno Extremist". We think this fits well with this setup.

lone_deranger
Noob

Post by lone_deranger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:31 pm

Looks great!
Do you lay it up wet or do you use vacuum infusion?

kitemechanics
Noob

Post by kitemechanics » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:41 pm

This particular board is a 3 stage fabrication. Without giving away to much our manufacturing process we use autoclave and vacuum pumps with varying methods suited to each part. For a high strength light weight part infusion resin is not the way to go. It is very difficult to control resin content with infusin methods, there is a reason why infusion resins are so cheap :confused:

Return to “The Shed”