A Shed Fresh Nompa

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

mario64

A Shed Fresh Nompa

Post by mario64 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:03 am

After allot more work than I thought i have finally completed my Nompa.
I've been tinkering with this in my shed for a while, and at work to straighten the bent axles. I made bushing holders at college, failed and remade them at home, failed again, bought more acrylic and finally made them perfect. put some holes in my deck and its all together.

I do only have a set of new hard bushings, so it doesn't have much steering so i need to get some medium bushings. I haven't actually ridden it yet, just hopped around on it, but i can't wait to hit the hills.
I might also cut some material off the ends of the board and maybe the middle as well, maybe.

sir seymour

Post by sir seymour » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:37 am

looks sweet man! after making my noBS (old green mbs comp16 deck on nosno axles) i can't help but think the nosno softs could do with some modding and some toe-ramps making (maybe just some shaped chopping board to replace the existing flat red plates), adding concave to the foot platform giving more bite in toe-side turns. I'll stick up a post if i ever get round to fabricating something. Enjoy her!

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:31 pm

very tidy! looks great. as a matter of interest what were the most time consuming parts to sort out?
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

mario64

Post by mario64 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:34 am

Well it took me a while to find some axles, and then i had to straighten them at work on the fly press but that only took about half an hour.
The bushing holders took my the longest to make though. I made them at college the first time and when it came to drilling the 35mm hole for the bushings my teacher said to start with a small hole and get bigger, but as i found out later the biggest drill they had was 20mm, so from there i had to file them to size, but i didn't have enough material around the holes so i decided to do it again with the left over acrylic. But i made a stupid mistake and dropped it with the drill halfway through and it snapped the acrylic so i couldn't use it anymore. So i bought another piece of acrylic and a 35mm hole saw and made another set of 4 in about 2-3 hours. But then it was also fairly tricking getting the bushing holders in the right place to they were straight as well. but overall the bushing holders took me the most time to make, and the axles to most time to find, without having to spend 150 or so pounds for a set of new ones.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:12 am

any specific reason you chose acrylic over any other material?
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

mario64

Post by mario64 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:57 am

Well it just seamed like the cheapest plastic thats light and strong and easy to get, plus its completely see through like glass. i was hoping it would be almost invisible.
I just got an A4 sheet from Amazon

Gaz
Slightly dirty

Post by Gaz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:42 pm

Looks tidy bud.

karankasyup
Noob

Post by karankasyup » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:05 am

Awesome board............mario64

Return to “The Shed”