Help Needed

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

Cumbriaaan
Baby

Help Needed

Post by Cumbriaaan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:01 am

For my 15th birthday I was taken on a mountainboarding course by my parents. I quickly got into it and for the next year I went to the local place where I'd done the course a few times a month, renting their boards, which had skate trucks and which I never had a problem with. This was until it was shut down at the end of that year, at which point I had also been bought my own mountain board. I tried to use it, and discovering that I couldn't turn properly and that I had nobody to ask about how to make it work, I ended up giving it up and starting to skate. This year I decided to give it another go, and knowing what I did from skating, I decided that I would just need some new bushings. I bought myself some Medium mbs bushings, but when I went to put them in today I realised that they're completely the wrong size for my trucks, and when I went to look up bushings for them, I quickly realised that there was literally no example of trucks like mine on the internet that I could find.

So what I'd like to know is what the hell kind of trucks are these? Where do I get softer bushes for them or otherwise how do I turn? :(

Pictures included

All help muchly appreciated
cheers

mario64

Post by mario64 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Thats an old Trampa G4s. I think you need nosno bushings, They're 35mm in diameter with a 12mm hole in the centre. Have you tried taking the bushings out to see if the hinge in the truck is stiff?

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:02 pm

1- make sure your feet are centered on the board
2- loosen the bolt holding the bushing...not too much though...still need to hold them together...just not squeeze then too hard.
3- measure them let us know...maybe someone can confirm thay that are the same size as nosno bushings like mario said.
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Gaz
Slightly dirty

Post by Gaz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:20 am

You could try getting in touch with trampa. Doubt they still make those but they might be able to help regarding size and durometer.

Return to “The Shed”