Looking for truck setup advice

Board building, design, technical innovations and new equipment. Post and discuss your latest creations, ideas, designs and builds here(Pictures not required LOL)

Moderator: BgSurfer

Kiwy
Dirty

Looking for truck setup advice

Post by Kiwy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:02 pm

A lot of things happened since this time last year and mountainboarding regrettably had to take a back seat. I missed a lot.

Anyway, Trampa sells these titanium skate trucks. They're pretty lightweight and they grabbed my attention for a board update.
They're going to be set up on a 35 short that's going to have it's edges trimmed for added coolness. The angle isn't ideal for skate trucks but I know it works.

I'm jumping and spinning on my board 80% of the time so something so light will make life a lot easier. Compared to springs and shocks I can get replacement bushings here, instead of shipping them across Europe.
I weigh 65kg/143lbs/10stones (cause Kgs are foreign in some places) so there's no way for me to bend them.

I already have my pair of indestructible matrix pros with fresh springs so getting new channels seems pointless. Unless I want a second board.

Problem is skate trucks feel squishy compared to spring trucks. Springs have this satisfying recoil when you land on them.

What do you think about skate trucks on a 35 short board for freestyle? Are they a good choice or should I stay on my old channels and buy a new hat or something instead?

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:04 pm

skate trucks are limiting and will only allow your freestyle progression to move forward so much before your equipment cant take the strain of the tricks you are throwing down

Return to “The Shed”