Building your dream board

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Mon May 25, 2009 8:00 am

Mikael wrote:Well, KentATB, you obviously got yourself a good combination of high-top shoes and low-profile spoilers. Good for you !

However, people should know that it is not always the case, and like I said before, a spoiler eating at your leg on every heelside turn is NOT fun. That's why I mentionned snowboard boots.

Cutting them down to size isnt an option?

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Mon May 25, 2009 2:21 pm

I don't really understand the pain problem , mine are pretty standard and as stated have no pain , the shoes are just regular soft hike boots as well

i think it will come down to how you set your bindings up , there are allot of different ways to set them up .

I would not want to cut the back plate down as it is this part which gives you most advantage on heel side turns .
[align=center][font=Impact]www.kentatb.com

[font=Courier New][color=DarkGreen][size=134]Freeriding - it's a monk's life
[/font][/SIZE][/color][/font][/align]

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Sun May 31, 2009 1:16 pm

KentATB wrote:I don't really understand the pain problem , mine are pretty standard and as stated have no pain , the shoes are just regular soft hike boots as well

i think it will come down to how you set your bindings up , there are allot of different ways to set them up .

I would not want to cut the back plate down as it is this part which gives you most advantage on heel side turns .

Definately something I need to experiment with but not sure about the kicking part, a lot of the hills here seem to level off at certain points and one would think that getting in and out to kick up some speed could be a pain in the neck.

shortlineflyer
Noob

Post by shortlineflyer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:14 pm

15 degree tampa holy pro flexi
GI Talon Bindings
MBS ats pro trucks
MBS rockstar hubs (original) or terrantula hubs from GI
MBS T1 tires

wayne74
Slightly dirty

Post by wayne74 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:54 pm

I use snow board bindings but removed heel support/ spoiler leaves a metal strap , I then took pad strap from some trampa heel straps and threaded the metal through it , nice and comfy I wear hitop walking boots no pain at all. These are fitted to my trampa 35 short 14ply with vertigo trucks and superstar hubs

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”