Introduce yourself

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

McCarver
Gringo

Introduce yourself

Post by McCarver » Sun May 10, 2009 5:22 pm

Introduce yourself. Now three decades gone by and I know that's a long time,
para tiempo means nada nunca. Cause I'm still the same ***hole and I still wet my pants every time that I see your face (who are you?)

McCarver
Costa Rica
Rockin' a Leon Pro

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Mon May 11, 2009 10:45 am

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JgWQ1erBnMo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JgWQ1erBnMo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Hello all
Most all of you out there should know me...
.... but if you dont here you go
the name is Dave Stiefvater aka the "Starfighter" or "Dirtstarfighter" aka PURE63
been riding since before you where born that would be 26 years on a board and the last 14 mainly on dirt
Alot of you may reconize me as one of MBS top pros and head R&D rider
Started this fun dirt sport years ago on an XT board (now gone the way of the Dodo) years back then made the switch over to phnumatic boards back in the late 90s
Since then i have had my hands pretty deep in MBS and had alot of influence in the design of your current MBS board
thru the years been able to stay as one of the top US Freestyle contender and won the US open freestyle last year along with several other titles

hope your all enjoying this site and big thanx to whom ever created it

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Mon May 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Hey you sure how to make an entrance Dave. Thanks for joining, but more than that thanks for putting so much into the sport and the boards we ride. Oh yeah, and thanks for making all our tricks look dull in comparison. LOL. Glad to have you aboard my man, Im rooting for you to win the drawing for the colored top trucks but something tells me you probably already have a closet full of them.

BTW you are good to go with the html now

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Thank you for the kind words
mostly i am just glad to be a part of all this meet super cool people and enjoy doing things i love

other than that i am old and i hope to pass my wisdom on to the coming generations but ill still woop up on you in the dirt haha
and with that in mind kiddos dont kill yourself trying to be the best because when your old like me you still want to ride and welll... walk

hmm maybe i should put in for the colored top truck as for of all the parts i have i have no colored top trucks just black or white and honestly sorry kids but day glow color are G A Y and so are bandanas worn like a broke back cowboy

Big ups to all the new product coming out really neat

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Tue May 12, 2009 9:20 am

I agree with the day-glow colors, but hopefully this will start a trend in the variety department.

Raoul Duke

Post by Raoul Duke » Tue May 12, 2009 11:09 am

Welcome Dave!!!Nice to see a new face on the site..Getting kind of tired of talking to Mcarver all day long. ... I just got into riding a year ago. (rode skateboards for the last 25 years im old too btw 38 to be exact oldest rider in CR by far).Actually Mcarver got me involved in the sport. Was looking for something to replace my snowboarding addiction when I moved down to Costa Rica years ago..All I have to say is its my favorite thing to do and hopefully this site attracts more riders cuz we have a shortage down here in CR...

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Tue May 12, 2009 11:40 am

thank you for welcoming me to your comunity

i hope you are able to promote this sport down there in costa rica

but if you dont remember who you ride for ... yourself
and remember why your doing it.... for fun

good luck gents and you have my full support

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Tue May 12, 2009 11:53 am

Well actually the main site and forums will be more focused on the the community as a whole as well as tons of info for newbies just looking to get in for the first time more than a CR specific forum.

Having said that I will not be dissapointed if and when the tools that we plan on presenting begins to attract some local riders down here and around the world.

BTW Raoul just wants more riders so he can focus more on riding and less on operating the ski-lift(aka his beater of a car).

Raoul Duke

Post by Raoul Duke » Tue May 12, 2009 11:55 am

McCarver wrote:
BTW Raoul just wants more riders so he can focus more on riding and less on operating the lift(car).

That is 100% correct MC carver.............

PURE63

the cheepest ski lift ever

Post by PURE63 » Tue May 12, 2009 12:37 pm

well i have a solution for you

take a post and mount a pully to it then plant it into solid ground at or near the top of your run

next take your car park it near the bottom of your run and jack up the drive end (rear on rear wheel drive fron on front wheel drive)
now remove 1 tire and replace it with a blank rim and no tire

attach a cable, cord, rope, or something around the tire 2 times and around the pully at the top of the hill 1 time

next start the car and put it in 2nd gear

grab the line and off up the hill you go almost like the T bar at your local resort

now you have lift access

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Tue May 12, 2009 12:42 pm

Since Danger is my middle name this could be something I might try. Have you actually done this?

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Yes i have and it works fairly well
tried to find some pictures of it but i got the idea from a warren miller ski film about 2 brothers in kansas who made their own ski hill and thats what they used for a lift it was trick
many of times i have tried to apply this to other tracks but most people dont want to spend the time it takes (what 30 minutes) to do it
i think in your case it would work great

as a matter of fact the brothers in kansas bought this old car for like 200$ it was pretty trashed and the tranny was stuck in 3rd gear ... perfect aplication

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Tue May 12, 2009 1:50 pm

Sounds like a great idea for whenever we get our track finished, which probably wont be very soon unfortunately. Lately we have been doing mostly street carving(both pavement and dirt), along with some sidewalk drops, Bus dodging, and ditch gaps(urban chaos). Its a fun ride but doesnt make for great photosessions given the huge area of the run and considering that the run is 3-4 km long I think we are gonna need lots of rope to pull that one off.

We are currently accepting applications for a wheelman so if you know anybody with a valid drivers license and a can speak a little spanish send them our way.

fuzebox

Post by fuzebox » Tue May 12, 2009 5:55 pm

PURE63 wrote:Yes i have and it works fairly well
tried to find some pictures of it but i got the idea from a warren miller ski film about 2 brothers in kansas who made their own ski hill and thats what they used for a lift it was trick

I've got that DVD... Awesome scene :)

BTW PURE63 nice to have someone with your impressive credentials on this board.

fuzebox

Post by fuzebox » Tue May 12, 2009 5:56 pm

BTW I don't ride, when I tried I was hopeless at it, but I'll guarantee I'm one of the best snowboarders on this forum....... ;)

KrazyCat
Noob

Da Kat

Post by KrazyCat » Tue May 12, 2009 10:17 pm

For those who don't know me, I am Tony, way up in Calgary, Canada.
Well, I think I have you all beat in age... but I wont get into that.
Been in this sport for about 11 years now, and have enjoyed every second of it!
When I first started it was just another new sport for me to try, and it has slowly eaten up my entire life ever since. Hell, I haven't even been able to keep my skydiving license up for formation jumping cuz this boarding takes up all my time :) Well, that and now my daughter... who is 3 and riding! Yay Solara!
Anyway... for the past 7 years or so I have had Epyx Mountainboards. It may be a retailer, but I am in it strictly for the sport up here. I also have another business where I have been a graphic artist/illustrator for over 2 decades and do quite well, so the boards are all about the fun :D I have seen and helped the sport grow in Canada for many years, and am hoping that I can do it for many years to come. Although I have somewhat slacked off my more aggressive riding in the past couple years, my main focus is getting new people into the sport and helping them get as much out of it as they can. I had our first learn-to-ride of this season (snow finally melted, sheesh) last week, and had out about 40 people. Many of whom were riding for the very first time. I LOVE the feeling I get when all these new riders come up the hill with big smiles and are enjoying themselves so much. To be honest, I get as much a buzz out of that as I ever have had riding.
This summer we also have more summer camps involved with the sport (one has 1500 kids a year), so hopefully this will really help get the word out to more riders up here in the Great White North.
I think like many of us old timers in the sport, I really enjoy the atmosphere and social aspects of the sport as well. There are just not enough sports where everyone, newbie and pro, can get together and have a great time.
What you are doing here is indicative of this great love of the sport Chad, keep up the great work!

Tony
aka Krazy Cat
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Ride Hard![/SIZE][/color]

Tony
http://www.epyx.ca
http://www.atbcanada.com

PURE63

welcome

Post by PURE63 » Wed May 13, 2009 8:58 am

great to see you here tony

and thanx fuze box

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Fri May 15, 2009 9:02 am

Yeah got some good peeps in here so far, again really stoked to see you here Ton Loc keep up the good work on the Canadian front and beyond.

PS Im wearing one of your shirts right now, EPYX rocks!

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Fri May 15, 2009 12:12 pm

BTW I had no idea you did graphics man, we may have to contract you to do some work around here. Any idea on what the exchange rate between the canadian dollar and the Costa Rica Colon is right now?

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”