Check in if you kicked some ass on your board today

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:01 am

Had an awesome time riding for the first time in almost 3 months! Put my board together, pumped up the tires and headed to the fastest smoothest firetrack around! Started by practising me heelside hairpins, really got to get an understanding of grip, it was easy to lose traction with the hard tires on the hard packed slatey ground. Nailed it standing up at a medium speed, then again at a higher speed on a slide.

So then I walked to the top of the track, managed to find a comfortable speed tuck (a god sent on a mountainboard) and came up to the first hairpin at full speed. The hairpin is hidden by a another turn just before it, it's impossible to see it until you're almost in the hairpin and a danger sign comes up. Crouched down and started drifitng around the first half of the corner then my wheels start to catch ... Thought I was going to land on my face but managed to ride out of the corner on two wheels (sketchy as poop), brought myself to a stop soon afterwards so I could relieve the tires of some air.

Carried down the rest of the track and finally nailed carving/scrubbing! It's been a pain in the arse since I started riding and really held me back when going brakeless but now I am free! Before I could only scrub on my heelside so I could never hold my speed down, but now I can finally do it on my toeside without catching an edge. I was holding my speed down on steep straights and speed tucking around curvylicious corners. I then approached the last hairpin and nailed it on two wheels again. Really glad to say the nompa performed marvellously, not a hint of speed wobble and plenty of leverage on the trucks. Met a few cars when I was riding but my new found speed control allowed me to pass them safely without stopping. Great first day riding, one of my best days so far, pitty I'm leaving again in a weeks time but I'm going to try and cram as much downhill action in as I can before then.

All in all an awesome day, walked back to the car with a huge smile on my face.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:00 am

Had a great day yesterday. wasn't out for long but i managed to ride the whole of the boardercross course at Another World in Halifax which has been a bit of a nemisis to me since we extended it and since i fell pretty hard a couple of weeks ago. this ain't down to the track it's my lack of experience. But yesterday i did it! i'm so chuffed with meself.

And the bonus is i'm over the fear i had and am now ready for The Big Weekend they have running next weekend, i was already looking forward to it but now i'm like a kid waiting for christmas.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Red"]If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough[/color][/SIZE][/font]

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Entered my first boarderx this weekend and won my first race, Stoked!

Lost the next two though Haha! Fail!
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Red"]If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough[/color][/SIZE][/font]

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:58 am

yet another early skate-park session this morning. particularly pleased with my progress today as i got two or three 5-0 grinds (still needs more work and speed) and seem to have gotten the nack for frontside boardslides. other than that a few cool stalls and grind on the miniramp. all in all in great start to the day :)
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Deanboy66
Baby

Sick ride

Post by Deanboy66 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:41 am

Had a sick ride on the BU yesterday got blunt stalls 180 outs and clearing spines fakie

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:14 am

hitting the streets and parks recently, went to new (for me) skatepark today and rode in a bowl! damn that shit is not really ideal for mountainboards lol
anyway sure i can do better but had an awesome time despite quite a few hard bails.
Attachments
bowl air.jpg

Daleyg3
Dirty

Cleeve Hill Breakers

Post by Daleyg3 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Lovely day up Cleeve with Nath Hall & Julio (A rider from Spain here for a month). Breakers was running quick! Funny little video captured..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7zCy7CaMCSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BDirthead
Experienced

Post by BDirthead » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Killed it at the Menlo Park skatepark yesterday. Had a filming session for an upcoming project. Can't wait until I get some of the footage to share :)

concretejungle
Noob

Post by concretejungle » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:35 am

A ramp kicked my ass yesterday. Tried to flip, ramp broke, landed flat on my face. Rocks under my top lip and in my nostrils, broken nose (my third one), concussion, and the usual stitches in the knees, elbows, and chin...weeeee...
MBS 2012 Core 95 "Autumn" with Pro Matrix trucks, yellow T3's, blue Rockstar II's, Pro F4's's, aluminum L-brackets, stickers
MBS 2012 Pro 90 Bamboo "Irony" with Pro Matrix trucks, "Roadies", white Twistars, F4's

Michael
Dirty

Post by Michael » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:54 am

concretejungle wrote:A ramp kicked my ass yesterday. Tried to flip, ramp broke, landed flat on my face. Rocks under my top lip and in my nostrils, broken nose (my third one), concussion, and the usual stitches in the knees, elbows, and chin...weeeee...

PLEASE say there is a video?
I can do a wheelie on a uni-cycle...

concretejungle
Noob

Post by concretejungle » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:36 am

Michael wrote:PLEASE say there is a video?

Haha I wish there was. The only video I got was five minutes later when I was driving away, still bleeding, and my truck snapped a tierod. Yeah, that was a great 15 minutes of my day yesterday.
MBS 2012 Core 95 "Autumn" with Pro Matrix trucks, yellow T3's, blue Rockstar II's, Pro F4's's, aluminum L-brackets, stickers
MBS 2012 Pro 90 Bamboo "Irony" with Pro Matrix trucks, "Roadies", white Twistars, F4's

Matt_Brind
Slightly dirty

Post by Matt_Brind » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:41 pm

I kicked some butt today :D I'll be posting a video later once I get all the clips :)

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 am

In the last two weeks it's all coming together i feel faster on the boardercross. And i landed my first 180 and now i have it dialled in and i'm working on my 3's, rekon i would of done it last week if the jumps weren't as slow. gonna get towed in this week and own it!

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:07 pm

smashing weekend session. had a good old gap with no riding so i was super stoked to have such a beautiful day and particularly pleased with the freeride location (more riding to be done there)

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/85618244" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/85618244">megido forest mountainboard freeride</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/smeeb2000">Ben Frankel</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Benobeone
Baby

Post by Benobeone » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:43 pm

Firstly, I kicked ass today, took my new board out, got some crazy down hill action.

Secondly Had my ass kicking served right back to me when half way down an epic run I
ill-advisedly attempted to hack down a wooden signpost using only my shin bone.
I found my self in a quandary, I was injured, limping, bloody. Sourly it was time to go home and have tea and biscuits, while regaling my lovely partner of my heroic ventures and tragic accidents.

NO! I am a mountain boarder and I finish what I start. So I got back on my board and continued to kick ass all the way to the bottom. AWESOME.

1.5 mile walk back up hill with a badly bruised shin, not awesome
Embrace your Freedom

Ben
Old timer

skate park session

Post by Ben » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:01 pm

epic days riding at Israels most famous skatepark in Tel-aviv. My now good friend Andrey from the Ukrain, whom i met thanks to Surfing Dirt Via Saul, and i had the place to ourselves thanks to it being a week day morning.
managed to ride pretty much the entire park (minus a few rails i must admit) but generally just had the most awesome time and even with a bit of a language barrier between us Andrey and i still managed to shred the place tip to tip and even stoked a few on-lookers on the way.
Attachments
13.jpg

saul
Dirty

Post by saul » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:05 am

Ben wrote:epic days riding at Israels most famous skatepark in Tel-aviv. My now good friend Andrey from the Ukrain, whom i met thanks to Surfing Dirt Via Saul, and i had the place to ourselves thanks to it being a week day morning.

i will wait for video edit! :)

mtanzy913
Noob

Post by mtanzy913 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:56 am

got 180s down my second day of riding!

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Nice and fast on the boarderx track this evening down at Another World bit scary at times in the fog though. So glad the clocks have changed and we got our Wednesday night meets back on

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:00 am

Terrible photo but great ride on world mountainboard day 2014, first time I've been out on a long ride in ages.

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”