I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

WSG7
Dirty

Post by WSG7 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:38 pm

nice

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:51 am

headed off on a late spring mission up a seldom used mountain access road a few days ago. long slog up but very worth it for the ride back down. the beer at the top almost tasted as good as the beer at the bottom.

http://goo.gl/maps/EaAoo

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:47 am

wow 8km run, awesome! did you time it by chance?
needless to say scenery looks amazing, bloody NZ making the rest of the world jealous.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:06 am

did you time it by chance?

afraid not. sometimes i track what speed i'm doing on parts of fast road runs, but not really the whole thing. i'm not the competative type to be honest so just enjoy the ride down. i do like to find a tune to listen to that fits the run perfectly tho, i've got footage somewhere of the cruisey roadrun down from the airstrip with riders on the storm over it, both about same length. i need to find something that gets steep at the bottom and lasts the same length as freebird:p

OhGee
Dirty

Post by OhGee » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Alright, so, went to a party this past saturday, got wasted. Party got busted, hopped off the deck and booked it. So a few buddies and i decided to grab our hammocks and head up to the state park at 5am and post up for the night. Park the jeep and hike down the trails when we notice a flashlight coming towards us......so once again, we book it. Go further down the trails and hide by the riverside til we can lose him. End up finding a sick spot to post up the hammocks and passout for the night. When we wake up and hike back we find the jeep with 3 flat tires. Someone put pebbles in the valve caps. So we call a buddy to bring his air pump and while we wait i bust out my board. Almost immediately a mountainbiker is askin 20 questions and wants to see it in action. Shows me a bunch of sweet trails lined with dirt kickers,log jumps, gaps, a scary lookin hip and a SWEET 8 foot drop to landing. Spent the whole morning riding with a big ass smile on my face. Couldnt believe this was all right here, tucked away, just 15 minutes from my house. Will definitely be riding/building at this spot ALOT more. I'm actually glad my tires got deflated
OG
Orlando Goncalves

'If you ain't crashin, you ain't tryin"

WSG7
Dirty

Post by WSG7 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:44 am

Great story

ZeroPoint
Noob

Post by ZeroPoint » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 am

OhGee wrote:Alright, so, went to a party this past saturday, got wasted. Party got busted, hopped off the deck and booked it. So a few buddies and i decided to grab our hammocks and head up to the state park at 5am and post up for the night. Park the jeep and hike down the trails when we notice a flashlight coming towards us......so once again, we book it. Go further down the trails and hide by the riverside til we can lose him. End up finding a sick spot to post up the hammocks and passout for the night. When we wake up and hike back we find the jeep with 3 flat tires. Someone put pebbles in the valve caps. So we call a buddy to bring his air pump and while we wait i bust out my board. Almost immediately a mountainbiker is askin 20 questions and wants to see it in action. Shows me a bunch of sweet trails lined with dirt kickers,log jumps, gaps, a scary lookin hip and a SWEET 8 foot drop to landing. Spent the whole morning riding with a big ass smile on my face. Couldnt believe this was all right here, tucked away, just 15 minutes from my house. Will definitely be riding/building at this spot ALOT more. I'm actually glad my tires got deflated

You went riding with a hangover? Crazy...

sounds pretty sick, have to get ya head camera out

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:58 am

day started of a bit crap, im building a little track but wild bore keep turning up and digging it up! even sizeable rocks (definitely pigs from the foot prints) anyone know of a good way to put them off without harming them ?>
anyway having rebuilt a few parts for the THIRD time now, Damn! i left it to settle and went over to a spot i ride quite a lot, but for some reason today i saw it in a entirely new way. no idea how i missed it but this place is begging to be cleared out a bit and got loads of natural lines between trees and bushes. anyway had a blast carving out new trails as i rode. at every turn a new exciting feature and great potential with even the most minimal of grooming. chuffed to bits and going back tomorrow!

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Ben wrote:but wild bore keep turning up and digging it up!

You have the coolest track-building problems.
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:14 pm

you think thats cool, you should see me using the shovel shape ramps and fight off tigers :P

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Ben wrote:another freestyle day (you've guessed it, im looks for work AGAIN!) barely got any riding done between replacing a missing bolt before i even got started then a puncture and then i snapped my hanger again!!! to be honest i think the plastic was old and dried up so its not super surprising just very annoying.....Matrix Hanger conversion by Kryten here i come!

That red base plate has taken a beating over the years. Long overdue.
[align=center][font=Impact]www.kentatb.com

[font=Courier New][color=DarkGreen][size=134]Freeriding - it's a monk's life
[/font][/SIZE][/color][/font][/align]

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:17 am

Another cool day of riding! Went to check out a possible spot, arrived there the same time as the farmer who owned it, after a lengthy stare down I left. Went back to my usually slopes and discovered some new fields, rode 6 of them and they were awesome. Some cool ridges, drops and steep slopes. Pulled a cool pendulum slide at the bottom of one, managed to shred a chunk off the hill bigger than the board itself!

Consider that ass kicked.

Also came across a hill that was shit, literally shit.

Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:19 pm

@ben - i had a kunikuni pig up till about 3 months ago. he lived in the garden where i have a mountainboard line going thru and tried to make all the ramps, drops and walls part of his territory. only way i could stop him trying to copulate with the features whilst i was trying to ride was to beet him at his own game. you need to drink a couple bottles of water and get out there claiming your track.
this part of my autobiography will be called 'winning a pissing contest with a pig':p

Matt_Brind
Slightly dirty

Post by Matt_Brind » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Found out this morning that I will definitely be going to New Zealand with Nitro Circus Live :) that was pretty good! Plus I'm having my first proper ride since breaking my face tomorrow which will be great!!

snowmonco
Dirty

Post by snowmonco » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Matt_Brind wrote:Found out this morning that I will definitely be going to New Zealand with Nitro Circus Live :) that was pretty good! Plus I'm having my first proper ride since breaking my face tomorrow which will be great!!

Awesome. Congrats, well deserve.
- Enjoy the Ride -

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:14 am

Matt_Brind wrote:Found out this morning that I will definitely be going to New Zealand with Nitro Circus Live :) that was pretty good! Plus I'm having my first proper ride since breaking my face tomorrow which will be great!!

Awesome! well done!
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:30 am

[Sorry for choosing the worst picture]

Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:52 am

Third time riding this week, awesome. Big confidence boost, managed to drop off the ridge with a sloppy pendulum slide, but I didn't fall off or die, also did my first big toe side slides! Finally, a lot easier than I imagined, I'm just scared of catching an edge, flying backwards and landing on my head. Going to keep practicing them until I feel comfortable enough to try and do toe side hairpins on firetracks. Also managed a dope heelside stand up slide, only just lent back enough, ended up doing a manual on my toeside wheels. Slowly honing all my skills :D Once I get my brakes back I can try them on some firetracks.

The sheep are beginning to recognize me, they keep getting in the way, I'm sure one tried to get in my board bag ...
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”