Check in if you kicked some ass on your board today

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:37 pm

A few of us went for a ride in the woods today, but it wasn't me that kicked ass, it was James, a young guy with severe learning difficulties. He's fast, even though the speed makes him anxious, and he does beautiful powerslides. I was very impressed by him today. Can't wait to see him in some of the comps this year.
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:20 pm

@mat - congrats, good to hear we've got boarders in nitro, kids over here idolise those guys more than pop or sports stars. one of my work buds won tickets on the radio to come and hang with the crew during the day, keep an eye out for a dodgy looking dude with a fake eye, he's likely to try and steal pastranas bike:p

mt head
Noob

Post by mt head » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 pm

the board kicked my arse today. more motorbike towing up a mountain followed by some heavy bails on the way down.
this being my second go on the mountain board, and the second time being towed, so starting slow.

SpinDR
Noob

Post by SpinDR » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Kicked ass with the Colorado Springs crew yesterday. Hit up the chutes and tossed mud everywhere. good times.

Ben
Old timer

wall ride

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:56 am

went to a very special place today for the first time, and did what felt like the most awesome wall ride!

sooooo stoked!
Attachments
wall ride.jpg
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:25 am

That's an awesome shot.

snowmonco
Dirty

Post by snowmonco » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Superb
- Enjoy the Ride -

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 pm

glad you like it :) here are a couple more... by the way, i dont think this actually counts as a wall 'ride' per se, it was more like a hit the wall bounce back (no rolling on the wall) has that got a different name?

I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:18 am

Stall

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:56 am

First ride this year done! Nothing to amazing just the local park it's a new spot to me steeper than it looked when i checked it out the other day but fun all the same.

Can't wait for my next ride out, i admit i'm a fair weather rider so only really ride in summer or dry weather, looking forward to the lighter evenings so i can get out more after work

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Great pics Ben.
I went to PA this past weekend to ride Joe Hill which I have had really bad experiences on in the past. I went there to put all of that to rest. MBS yellows in the Trampa and had the spring adjustments out, It was looser than I had ever ridden anything ever. The only pictures I have were of the sunrise and the board on the top of my car before I started to ride. It was a Kick Ass day. Thanks to Curt and Karnage for joining me.
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

Daleyg3
Dirty

Post by Daleyg3 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:15 am

Cleeve rode surprisingly well today! Perfect soft ground for jumps and practicing scrubbing :)

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:33 am

Daleyg3 wrote:Cleeve rode surprisingly well today! Perfect soft ground for jumps and practicing scrubbing :)

I'm jealous. I spent the entire weekend writing a seven page consultation document for the Forestry Commission on securing a future for mountainboarding at various FC sites. I'd rather be out riding.

Daleyg3
Dirty

Post by Daleyg3 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:31 am

leapb4ulook wrote:I'm jealous. I spent the entire weekend writing a seven page consultation document for the Forestry Commission on securing a future for mountainboarding at various FC sites. I'd rather be out riding.

Bad times! Better in the long term though!

WSG7
Dirty

Post by WSG7 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:50 pm

Its snowing up in the north east :(

SpinDR
Noob

Post by SpinDR » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Kicked some ass here in Colorad Springs today with a group of about 7 other guys. Definately a good day.

Daleyg3
Dirty

Post by Daleyg3 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:20 am

Cranham Woods Nightride with Rhys, Clayton and Mark last night.. never been there before, rode great! Would be even better in the summer though.

markbrosnan78
Dirty

Post by markbrosnan78 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Got the rest of the family on their bikes and headed over to Danbury for a bit of last minute practice for next weekend.

The common was still too wet but the country park was good. Some decent but fairly short runs. Got used to the full face though. Stopping and sliding no problem. Tried some tight turns. Heel side fairly ok but anything over about 70* toe side was hard.

Hopefully nothing too tight at Screaming Goat on Saturday.
[align=center]Trampa[/align]

[align=center]Allowing even fat blokes to ride since 2000...[/align]

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 pm

More the board kicked my ass today, practicing basics, practising scrubbing, front wheel bit in kicked me into the air landed elbow side into ribs, board came down whell hit me flat on full force into my thigh, left an intresting mark! Didn't put me off but provide mucho laughs for the tweenies at top of hill on bench.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Red"]If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough[/color][/SIZE][/font]

Daleyg3
Dirty

Post by Daleyg3 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:42 am

Cleeve rode nice today, weather man over reacted.. nailed some fast runs on low PSI. Although rudely interrupted near the end, by a bunch of chavs with their girlfriends with prams playing with their pathetic R/C Cars :)

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”