new springs from the hardware store

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

buggley

new springs from the hardware store

Post by buggley » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:17 am

bought some taller springs yesterday, they are great. they are taller and more compressed so far the dont look like they will warp out as quick. they arent as stiff as my other springs are and with orange eggs they turn great. they were able to get me around the corners i needed to build speed before i dropped in i was able to get my 50-50 that has eluded me for a week now. it cost me 10$ for 4 springs better price and for what im doing they do a better job. i do like my standard mbs springs though and will keep them around.
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

maxxdout
Noob

Post by maxxdout » Wed May 04, 2011 10:47 pm

Sorry to bump this old thread, but what size springs did you get? I should be getting some MBS springs in the mail soon, but maybe I'll see if Ace has others I can keep for backups...
[align=center][color="DarkOrange"][font="Arial Black"]PAYNEFUL DESIGNZ[/font][/color][/align]

evilc

Post by evilc » Thu May 05, 2011 11:39 am

Look into car valve springs. They are generally pretty stiff and made of flat wire, not round - so they compress more too.
Even better, go springless ;)
(Work in Progress) Board buying guide

My Rides

Main:
TK Pro deck | F3 bindings | FX heelstraps | Rockstar Pro hubs | T1 tyres | Trampa Vertigo trucks w/ Titanium kingpins | Less Spring mod | Yellow Trampa Dampas | Stainless steel fixings upgrade

Spare / Loaner:
Trampa 16 ply 35 deg long deck | Talon II bindings | FX heelstraps | Manhick cast metal triskpoke wheels | Scrub Alu trucks | Green Trampa Dampas | ABS brake kit

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”