Shoes.....what do you wear?

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

sawdustsam
Noob

Shoes.....what do you wear?

Post by sawdustsam » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:51 pm

hey guys just after some different opinions. what shoes do you wear while riding? at the moment i just wear some running shoes.. i like some padding around my feet while i jump so the bindings dont smash me..

lilmoyse
Dirty

Post by lilmoyse » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:50 pm

http://www.sportsdirect.com/airwalk-m15-mid-mens-241185

i wear these, i think they are the best kind of style. skate shoes that are soft but with ankle support. mine have started to fall apart a bit after a few months of skating and mountain boarding for hours and hours every week, but that happens with any shoes. so yeah, get these or something in the same style :)

tom

Post by tom » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:28 am

i ride with waking shoes which have lots of support and are good for waking up hills.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:28 am

i tried skate shoes but for me walking boots are the best. you do after all spend alot of the time getting to and from the location you ride and obviously back up to start again. Also i find that having the high back (behind the ankle) gives the heel strap (if you use one) a good flat surface to grip to and reduces rubbing. i also recommend thick woollen walking socks lol

as a recommendation for a company, for me Salomon are unbeatable.

Marvin
Experienced

Post by Marvin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:37 am

would love some salomon walking boots but don't have the 100 quid spare but I did get some mid back duffs from tk maxx for 8 pound and they are like walking on a cloud :)

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 am

Yet another recommendation for Salomon. They're just amazing boots, along with heelstraps you et an awesome locked in feel, very similar to snowboarding. They're waterproof, indestructible, keep your feet warm in the winter and cool in the summer, extremely comfy, and will last you years and years. It may seem like a big investment but it'll last longer than 4-5 pairs of skateshoes. Therefore work out much cheaper for a much better shoe.

These are the ones I wear, Salomon Cosmics.

Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Alex's Phat Wheelz
Dirty

Post by Alex's Phat Wheelz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:39 am

I use merrell shoes they are very comfortable and good for walking up hillsImage

mario64

Post by mario64 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:56 pm

i use my walking boots, as does do all the other mountain boarders i know.
i think he does anyway.

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”