snow board bindings on a mountainboard?

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

wayne74
Slightly dirty

snow board bindings on a mountainboard?

Post by wayne74 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Hey guys and girls thinking of putting burton freestyle bindings on my deck .Does anyone know if its been done before and if so can i addapt them so i dont have to wear snow board boots in them .Any advise on this would be greatly appreciatex.

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Which board do you have?
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:07 pm

it is often done, some decks its easier to do it with than others, i believe u can adapt them to work with walking boots, usually i think its a case of bringing the straps closer in and bulking out the ankle support with roll mat foam.
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

wayne74
Slightly dirty

Post by wayne74 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Nice one thanks for the advice jasper. think we chatted in past but not been on for a while. my wifes family live in heanor. i took your advise and went to hemlock last year one of the sweetest spots ever.

wayne74
Slightly dirty

Post by wayne74 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:21 pm

By the way the board in question is my old scrub comp pro 109. i know its old but its such a smooth board for carving big fast hills.it has trampa dampers gi vegas hubs but pinched the ratchet bindings n heel straps off it for my other deck.

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Providing your walking boots are reasonably sturdy, there is no need to pad out the binding. Just simply drill an extra hole in the ankle strap.

See this thread.
[align=center][font=Impact]www.kentatb.com

[font=Courier New][color=DarkGreen][size=134]Freeriding - it's a monk's life
[/font][/SIZE][/color][/font][/align]

wayne74
Slightly dirty

Post by wayne74 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Nice one ian thanks for the advice will they work ok on my scrub comp pro deck its the long one.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:37 pm

aye, i remember now, hit me up next time u ride this area, and join the mountainboard derby group on facebook.

Not sure what that scrub deck is, pics? basiclly what u need is the 4 hole bolt pattern, some boards already come with it like the older mbs pro 100s and the old comp 16s, whereas newer boards dont.

So the way round this is to take a drill to your board. But then if its somthing like a RCC or whatever your opening the core to the elements and it could start to delam (i think)
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

buggley

Post by buggley » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:52 pm

they work fin but see if you can ditch the high backs. i modded my board for them and rode with combat boots no problem they are much cheaper then mountain board bindings i got mine for 12$ after shipping on ebay it was nice because the base plate allowed my feet to be at any angle i wanted, much more comfertable and more options for a stance. when you drill it place the entire binding down and see how well it fits the deck. i made the mistake of drilling right in the midle of where my old bindings were but the snow board binding we cockeyed because of the tip angls so i had to redrill and shotern my allready too short stance. the controle is amazing though i loved them.
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!! the high back enema. c if you can cut them down or take them off. also if it isnt already you may want to pad the rear heal retainer. mine was aluminume and wore blister into the backs of my heal
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Like Jasper said. Your going to need to drill your board. Not familiar with the deck, but would imagine being an older Scrub it will be fine.

Once you work out a nice comfy width of stance. Just drill your holes nice and square. Like below.

[align=center][font=Impact]www.kentatb.com

[font=Courier New][color=DarkGreen][size=134]Freeriding - it's a monk's life
[/font][/SIZE][/color][/font][/align]

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”