Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Ben
Old timer

my new nosno and my exploding twister hubs

Post by Ben » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:52 pm

here she is. my lovely new nosno :cool:

had a bit of a test run today and its weird and great lol

to be honest my feet hurt a bit from the bindings and i think i may need new shoes or to mess with their set up a bit but ill figure it out.

having taken my trispokes off my other board to put onto the nosno with the 9" strikers. i then moved the 8's back onto the twister hubs and pumped them up to my normal 50psi and then chucked them into the boot (loosely, not bolted onto the trucks). it was a hot day (nearing 30C) and within a couple of hours i heard 2 bang's. didn't realise what it was from (thought it was a car back fire from another car initially) then opened the boot to find 2 of my 4 twister hubs had exploded! inner tubes shredded and twisters...well.....

anyway they still kind of lock together. but reckon its a bit dogy to ride them. slightly gutted as it means i need 2 more wheels now...though i do have another pair of trispokes although i did like the idea of trying to keep the trampa light for jibs, twists and general freestyle.

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Sure you will get used to the nosno soon.

Trampa hypa hubs are meant to be pretty stong yet light.
[align=center][font=Impact]www.kentatb.com

[font=Courier New][color=DarkGreen][size=134]Freeriding - it's a monk's life
[/font][/SIZE][/color][/font][/align]

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Try turning your bindings out more. They need to be at more of an angle than you think, and more than other bindings.

I've had rockstars explode in a hot car as I was driving along. Have you let the others down so they don't suffer the same fate?
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Looking good! My rockstars blew on me so I bought some Trampa hypas. Well worth it! No problems yet and they're the best looking plastic hubs by a mile in my opinion. 100% recommend them.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:38 pm

I tried a lot of different binding positions, but finally settled for a 18 & 3 for general everyday trail riding.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:40 pm

26, 4.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:57 pm

I found duck foot stance which is my preference on my trampa to not work at all on the noSno

I think I would move my stance similar to Brennigs possibly more on the rear foot for bombing service tracks / roads.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:09 pm

I mainly have that stance as it's comfy facing forward, I can chillax and take in the view. On another note, I shift my bindings towards the nose as it takes weight off the back making it easier to scrub.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:25 pm

I ride mainly single track and bike trails, so there is not much chillaxing going on. I found with toes pointing too far forward I could not manage some of the tighter corners.

Toes forward is better for high speed on open track I think. Most of the trails we ride I would say max out at 20 - 25mph which may seem slow, but they are very tight and twisty, frequently rutted and uneven.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:30 pm

I need to hit bike trails but they're all crazy boldery black trails going down 60% slopes round here.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:03 pm

60% is crazy for a board - unridable. Is there no beginner bike trails, more suited to boards ?

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:00 am

Ian@KentATB wrote:60% is crazy for a board - unridable. Is there no beginner bike trails, more suited to boards ?

How dare you?!? We don't use the 'U' word!

sir seymour

Post by sir seymour » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:36 am

21 - 9 Forward on both. Rear hi-back kicked over one more notch than the front.
Best way to check your bindings are in the right place (regarding hi-backs and postition relative to toe/heel side of the board) is to find a nice straight un-cambered trail or road and ride along it completely relaxed. If you feel like you have to fight the board to keep it in a straight line then you need to do some tweaking.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:19 pm

leapb4ulook wrote: Have you let the others down so they don't suffer the same fate?

yes i did, admittedly only after my mum mentioned it! lol disgraceful! feeling all paranoid i even let down my strikers on trispokes down.

you guys must be refering to front foot first then back right? for example i curently have it at 15,0 (15 front foot, 0 back foot)

also following from the f/b convo on the nosno owners page - what shoes are people using with Rage bindings and how are they? snowboard boots seem huge and cumbersome. are they comfortable to walk with? that is back up the hill?

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:38 pm

SB Boots are huge and cumbersome, but the advantages outweigh the hugeness and cumbersomeness (for certain boards and types of riding anyway, not as a general principle). My secret suggestion for SB boots is to only tie them up around your ankle. Then you still get the leverage for heelside turns but you've got some ankle movement for pointing your toes in slides. It's also easier to walk that way.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:49 pm

so you always ride with SB?

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:53 pm

No, only when I'm on my nosno with sb bindings

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:02 pm

is it possible to take the high backs off and stick heel straps on? basically turn them into softs?

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:06 pm

Take the highbacks off, and you wont need heel straps. There is the plastic retainer which will keep the heel in.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:09 pm

have you done this? does it work well?

also forgot to mention on a semi unrelated not. HOLY CRAP is it nice to scrub with this! its like it want to do it, really wonder if its the tyres, nosno or what ever other factor. oh i am riding VERY low PSI right now till i feel more confident in my turning abilities.

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”