50%

Total votes: 14

buggley

what is the hardest trick to learn?

Post by buggley » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:11 am

harder to learn?
backflip switch 180 grabs
board slides
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

ieuan

Post by ieuan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Backflips aren't hard, just scary.
I voted switch 180 grabs, but I'd say grabbed switch bs180's are harder to learn than (bs) boardslides, switch fs180's aren't but fs boardslides are by far the hardest.

or maybe switch bs lips?:rolleyes:

Kiwy
Dirty

Post by Kiwy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:07 pm

I did some backflips on an air bag, but i'm still scared to do them on solid land
I tried to backflip without a board just to see if i can shift my weight fast enough or if i jump right and I ended doing a faceplant. Here's the result:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313103_138528626244495_100002620754860_169270_1282569861_n.jpg

I learned 360 quite easy.I'm not quite familiar with trick names but if switch 180 grabs means to grab your board while doing a 180/360, um that was easy too.
So i'll go with board slides and grinds.

P.S. I really want to learn that backflip you can do on a half pipe.

buggley

Post by buggley » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:49 pm

i can back flip on a tramoline easy and i have strapped my board on and tried it without my trucks but i had a had time getting the hang time i needed to finish the flip. i am sure i can do it with more speed and a real jump but i am holding out for a foam pit before i try it
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

TylerStartin

Post by TylerStartin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:03 pm

Backflips aren't hard, you just gotta commit and know that you're gonna kick the tricks ass. Board slides on the other hand, can leave you with half of your manhood in a split second... Egghhh
leapb4ulook wrote:By the power vested in me by our heavenly administrator I hearby forgive you and absolve you of all your sins. Go in peace.

evilc

Post by evilc » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:36 am

Depends on what you mean by "Hardest" - it's not just technical difficulty, it's also about the consequences for getting it wrong.

Tech difficulty wise, yeah a bs slide may be harder than a flip, and a fs slide almost certainly is, but I reckon a flip trumps both in terms of risk.
That's for mountain boards - on a snowboard slides are much easier as without trucks you can just shifty out from a 50:50.
(Work in Progress) Board buying guide

My Rides

Main:
TK Pro deck | F3 bindings | FX heelstraps | Rockstar Pro hubs | T1 tyres | Trampa Vertigo trucks w/ Titanium kingpins | Less Spring mod | Yellow Trampa Dampas | Stainless steel fixings upgrade

Spare / Loaner:
Trampa 16 ply 35 deg long deck | Talon II bindings | FX heelstraps | Manhick cast metal triskpoke wheels | Scrub Alu trucks | Green Trampa Dampas | ABS brake kit

ieuan

Post by ieuan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:18 am

evilc wrote: a bs slide may be harder than a flip, and a fs slide almost certainly is, but I reckon a flip trumps both in terms of risk.

don't know; with a fs boardslide you could land on your gentleman's area.:D

saul
Dirty

Post by saul » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:33 pm

That is definetly harder than backflip

nimrod
Dirty

Post by nimrod » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:09 pm

wow, nice photo....just to make sure i know what your on about.....thats a bs boardslide, and the fs boardslide is the one where you know where your going (that sounds so simple)
If you're not falling you're not trying ;)
YouTube channel, please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCipebuBiH1juHZBoM6SuA3Q

tom

Post by tom » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:18 pm

nimrod wrote:wow, nice photo....just to make sure i know what your on about.....thats a bs boardslide, and the fs boardslide is the one where you know where your going (that sounds so simple)

I beleive (from playing tony hawk) that it is the other way round and whether it is bs or fs is determined by if you are facing the rail or not and that a fs board slide is when you can see the rail and jump on and cant see where you going and a bs is if you cant see the rail ( its behind you when you jump on) and then go down it seeing where your going. And if you are facing the rail and you go down seeing where you're going it is a lip slide and visa versa.
Clever people please correct me if i am wrong.

ieuan

Post by ieuan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:24 pm

nimrod wrote:wow, nice photo....just to make sure i know what your on about.....thats a bs boardslide, and the fs boardslide is the one where you know where your going (that sounds so simple)

nope, the other way 'round.
It's all about how you approach the rail and the terminology comes from riding trannies; for a bs boardslide you have the rail behind you on approach, as you would when hitting the backside wall in a halfpipe. For fs boardslides the rail's in front of you.

buggley

Post by buggley » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:09 pm

ieuan wrote:nope, the other way 'round.
It's all about how you approach the rail and the terminology comes from riding trannies; for a bs boardslide you have the rail behind you on approach, as you would when hitting the backside wall in a halfpipe. For fs boardslides the rail's in front of you.

then what is the diference between a lipslide and a fs boardslide?

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:29 am

wether you get onto the rail by putting your nose over it (board) or tail (lip). lips are scarey on a down rail cause you can easily catch your back rail/wheels.

all those tricks are pretty hard to learn (only backied on a snowboard and got it all wrong), but if its about learning them to comp standard genrally i'd say non sketchy boardslides good looking get my vote.

TylerStartin

Post by TylerStartin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:56 pm

I thought lip slides were like doing boardslides but when your board is like angled up on the edge of your board more so than the board... But eh, I don't really know why I think that.
leapb4ulook wrote:By the power vested in me by our heavenly administrator I hearby forgive you and absolve you of all your sins. Go in peace.

ieuan

Post by ieuan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:00 pm

TylerStartin wrote:I thought lip slides were like doing boardslides but when your board is like angled up on the edge of your board more so than the board... But eh, I don't really know why I think that.

God knows what you'd call that, MJ-slide maybe?
If it hasn't got a name already 1st person to post a vid/photo of them doing one should get to name it:D

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Backflips are based on numbers of proprioceptors in your body. If U have them by birth, you will know what to do easily, but if not, you will lose your control when being upside down and block your movement. So it's a easy trick, if you are biult for it. 360 and other rotations are pure skill, switch 180 also, but it's easier. And board slides, well they can be tricky, not that easy like on snowboard, and from skateboard you can jump any time... here are big wheels who can stuck, but it's still easier than 360 I think...
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

buggley

Post by buggley » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:02 am

i can back flip on a trampoline easy but hvent tried it on my boar and i can board slide ok but i cant spin for beans it is very slow and flaillish cant seem to get the momentom to spin if i dont flail the first half of the rotation.

theosnw
Noob

Post by theosnw » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:40 pm

The F/S boardslide was the first trick I did...

I'd never rode switch before then.

Comments?

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”