More exposure.

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Devyn
Noob

More exposure.

Post by Devyn » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:08 pm

I remember seeing a thread quite a while back about "how could we get mountainboarding into the x games?"

At the progression the sport is going at im wondering, How can we get more exposure for this sport instead of doing anything major?

I remember somebody,yet im not quite sure who saying "More riders of a higher skill set" but thats an obvious one

So I ask,what are your guys thoughts on how to get more exposure?

Petridis999
Noob

Post by Petridis999 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:01 am

sponsership

Travis
Old timer

Post by Travis » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:03 am

I think getting yourself locally know like Em did with her newspaper article is a good one.
I was thinking about doing it too, but the fact that I'm not technically supposed to be riding most of what I do doesn't help. I'm holding off on writing and sending an article to my local paper as I don't want to advertise myself to the forest rangers and whoever else. If you're purely a centre rider then advertise the shit out of your centre and get people riding.
Unless you have contacts I highly doubt anyone will sponsor you if they don't know what the hell it is you're doing, and if the events where you'll be doing it have no press/media coverage.
From what I've seen since getting in to the sport, it's still about getting more people on boards and getting more money to manufacturers.

Personally I'm happy with my solo sessions in the woods, explaining my "did you make it yourself?" contraption to people on the way up, and watching them step aside, smiling, on the way down. If it got to TV level we'd all probably be dragged down to "extreme sport junkie" reputation.
noTramp brake-boarder and proud!

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:19 am

I would ride round town naked. But you might get done for indecent exposure.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Kiwy
Dirty

Post by Kiwy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:27 am

Right now I'm doing a photo session for a magazine.The guy I'm working with does a great job.So that will up the interest a bit...(i'll post some pics here if someone is interested)

Next i'll attempt to go to every contest i can even if i don't get past qualifications, at least to have a backing word here.(plus great experience)

And right now i let anyone who asks politely and is not a complete douchebag ride on my board.
Anymore than that. I friend wants to sponsor me but i refused because I don't have enough experience for a full sponsorship. And I want both of us to get something out of this deal.

Please don't take this post as a brag it's not intended to be one.

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:13 pm

People should know about us... we should find money which will bring us on a BIG competition and then that should be big news in every country - not just in host country. Here in Serbia we are putting effort to exposure ATB and make it bigger. But even though we have 10 countries we can't do much without bringing British and French riders. They (you) should get out of their national comps and hit others too. And only then, when we are all together we can bring sponsors attention to us, and all will go downhill from there.
That's my opinion
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

Devyn
Noob

Post by Devyn » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:03 pm

All the ideas are great here, espeacially brennigs.

And I have no local centres, or else id be there everyday haha. I mostly mean the sport as a whole though.

buggley

Post by buggley » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 pm

lets have a contest to see who can get into the news paper maybe make it another tortilla of fate type win. every one who gets a coppy of the artical with a curent date could be entered and then a random selection to choose the winner
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:05 am

Do the centers actively promote reduced day rates to local scout/guide/cadet groups ?

Probably can't write this on the internet but 'get em while there young' :)
leapb4ulook wrote:...... you're a freerider at heart, you've just been infected with freestyle.

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:19 am

buggley wrote:lets have a contest to see who can get into the news paper maybe make it another tortilla of fate type win. every one who gets a coppy of the artical with a curent date could be entered and then a random selection to choose the winner

Pretty good idea you got there, I imagine it would have to run a lot longer as Im guessing getting in the paper is not necessarily an easy feat.
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

Devyn
Noob

Post by Devyn » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:48 pm

Do it, haha :D

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:10 pm

McCarver wrote:Pretty good idea you got there, I imagine it would have to run a lot longer as Im guessing getting in the paper is not necessarily an easy feat.

I bet you (figuratively) I could get in the paper easily; however it would probably be in the police blotter section and it may not be really good exposure for mountainboarding or myself.:D
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:48 pm

Jimmy Chaos wrote:I bet you (figuratively) I could get in the paper easily; however it would probably be in the police blotter section and it may not be really good exposure for mountainboarding or myself.:D

IMO that qualifies :cool:
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

PURE63

Post by PURE63 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:13 pm

do a triple quark .. hands down that would do it

we dont even hold a candle to the skill level of snowboarders
and thats what we are compared to the most

Kiwy
Dirty

Post by Kiwy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:17 pm

PURE63 wrote:do a triple quark .. hands down that would do it

we dont even hold a candle to the skill level of snowboarders
and thats what we are compared to the most

Personally i don't think we should be compared to snowboarders.I just feel mountainboarding closer to skateboarding than snow.

buggley

Post by buggley » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:15 pm

the board is balanced so different than a snow board and the wind resistance isnt as good either it is had to be compared. that lik apples and pears they are simlar but still so far apart that it doesnt work
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:39 am

Kiwy wrote:Personally i don't think we should be compared to snowboarders.I just feel mountainboarding closer to skateboarding than snow.

And yet all you Romanian friends mountainboarders are very good snowboarders
:)
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

Kiwy
Dirty

Post by Kiwy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:47 am

MarcATB wrote:And yet all you Romanian friends mountainboarders are very good snowboarders
:)

Not me.Lung problems keep me from snowboarding because of the cold weather.
And I was a crappy skater before.

Now related to the post, and because i don't want to do a new topic.
Check this out. Came out today
http://www.ideas4talent.ro/revista
Don't worry the magazine is in english.

BDirthead
Experienced

US Scouting MountainBoarding Programs

Post by BDirthead » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:57 am

Mutley wrote:Do the centers actively promote reduced day rates to local scout/guide/cadet groups ?

Probably can't write this on the internet but 'get em while there young' :)

Here in the Bay Area (California), I've been working with local boy scouts (BSA) with training and course and program design. According to the BSA, mountainboarding is only an approved activity for scouts 12 years and older. Although skateboarding, snowboarding, mountainbiking, and BMX are approved activities for cub scouts (6-11 yrs. old), mountainboarding is not. After bringing this up to district council members, I've decided to accept and make the best of it. Recently I've been asked to speak at different scout troop meetings about it. I feel this is a great way to reach the youth in my area, and get some exposure and show how much fun mountainboarding is.

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Kiwy wrote:Now related to the post, and because i don't want to do a new topic.
Check this out. Came out today
http://www.ideas4talent.ro/revista
Don't worry the magazine is in english.

Very cool!
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”