I would buy the deck with graphics.
37%
I would buy the deck without graphics.
63%

Total votes: 51

buggley

Post by buggley » Fri May 04, 2012 5:58 pm

i loved the leaf lady wish i could find one
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Sat May 05, 2012 1:42 am

if you were closer to Serbia, we could sell it to you ;)
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

buggley

Post by buggley » Sat May 05, 2012 8:34 am

nope im married and my better half hates me =) she would never let me buy something just for the simple fact that i think it would be nice to have. "its stupid looking, "you already have two anyways", "theres no point spending money on something you dont need". it looks cool but it isnt worth the NAGativity, if i could i would pay shipping too
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Sat May 05, 2012 11:35 am

sounds familiar :D
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

TylerStartin

Post by TylerStartin » Sun May 06, 2012 11:42 am

Deck graphics, to me, are a huge factor. I have no practical artistic ability to put down a nice sketch onto my deck.

The graphics are like my first impression on people when I walk into a skatepark or anywhere else. They need to be kickin'. I've been disappointed with the graphics on the pro decks lately, they've just sucked. Of course, that's my opinion. I appreciate a more crazy, bright, attention-seeking graphic. Not the dark, and minimalistic designs that have been coming out lately.
leapb4ulook wrote:By the power vested in me by our heavenly administrator I hearby forgive you and absolve you of all your sins. Go in peace.

markbrosnan78
Dirty

Post by markbrosnan78 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:59 am

So who's got a photo of the leaf lady as I've no idea what you're on about.
[align=center]Trampa[/align]

[align=center]Allowing even fat blokes to ride since 2000...[/align]

DirtStar Army
Dirty

Post by DirtStar Army » Mon May 07, 2012 11:16 am

belac wrote:i think you helped design some of the mbs graphics didn't you van? how possible is it to do multiple graphics for the same board, ie. a whole sponcered team of say 5 riders all get their own graf on a pro 95? in the past with screen printing i guess it would have been a nightmare but i'm guessing its computerised now?

To my knoleg its just a new skew number and maybe a set up charg...should not cost any more to do one graf then the next.....but to be honest i have never bin a part of that end of production.....i think if nothing elts thay should chang the graf every year insted of every two!
Van DeWitt
http://www.dirtstararmy.com
-DIRT B4 SKIRT-

TylerStartin

Post by TylerStartin » Mon May 07, 2012 9:13 pm

DirtStar Army wrote:To my knoleg its just a new skew number and maybe a set up charg...should not cost any more to do one graf then the next.....but to be honest i have never bin a part of that end of production.....i think if nothing elts thay should chang the graf every year insted of every two!

Agreed!!!
leapb4ulook wrote:By the power vested in me by our heavenly administrator I hearby forgive you and absolve you of all your sins. Go in peace.

buggley

Post by buggley » Mon May 07, 2012 9:55 pm

i kinda think the mbs logos arent that apealing. the eagles were ok on the comp16 but i havent seen too many i liked.
the leaf lady, the toms hands,the airplane bomber graphic wasnt really my style but it was good. i think that mabs should have a logo contest maybe see what the people want. get rid of thaose big heads in the office and get the boarders involved. i think they need to rewatch search for animal chin.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Tue May 08, 2012 1:13 am

the new mbs 95 hunting one is a strong graf, great idea, but it would just be good to have others to choose from. theres so many awesome artists in mountainboard circles that the image could maybe be a bit more stylish, that just takes more board companys, it'll happen.

GI did some groovey designs and accessories but nobody tends to be all that fussed by them. wasn't to into the underside text tho.

like any of this tho if you don't like whats out there then get off your bum and change it.

Doc75
Dirty

Post by Doc75 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:16 am

One thing I have found frustrating when looking at boards, is that most the graphics are designed with normal footed stance people in mind, not for goofy footed people....

Andy

Michael
Dirty

Post by Michael » Mon May 14, 2012 8:32 am

Doc75 wrote:One thing I have found frustrating when looking at boards, is that most the graphics are designed with normal footed stance people in mind, not for goofy footed people....

I ride goofy and i really haven't noticed any difference :eek:
I can do a wheelie on a uni-cycle...

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Mon May 14, 2012 9:06 am

im goofy too and ive noticed it, annoys me too! if there wasnt any text ('MBS' for example) then it wouldnt be as obvious..
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Doc75
Dirty

Post by Doc75 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:03 am

MBS unfortunately are the worst for this. If I am paying a lot of money, I want a board that looks great. To many people it probably would not bother them, but riding goofy with backwards facing graphics, or text as Ben mentioned is annoying!!

It wouldn't be so bad if you had a choice of being able to put the bindings on the other way, but you only have one choice there too.... lol

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Mon May 14, 2012 12:23 pm

this is a travesty and must be delt with straight away!

Petridis999
Noob

Post by Petridis999 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:19 am

some of the mbs grafics are okay, but by far the hottest looking boards are trampa, who dont have a grafic

Doc75
Dirty

Post by Doc75 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:57 am

If MBS offered plain boards like Trampa, something like the pics below. Would you prefer that over the boards they sell with dodgy graphics?

These are just pics I found on their fb, then added the logo and changed the bearing colours to look like the Trampa ones...

Cheers,

Andy

buggley

Post by buggley » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:34 pm

i like the idea of a simple plane jane logo like what is on the top of the deck. i think trying to get the same look as another board is a bit much but i like it.
i also got a good look at the boards posted on the MBS site and they dont look too bad i was very against them at first but when you get a look at them in the board selection part of the site they look kinda cool. i still have to get a better look at them cause i was on my phone when i visited the site and the screen is small but i am begining to like them more.

Doc75
Dirty

Post by Doc75 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:39 pm

MBS actually said to me they would never do plain boards for several reasons, and if I didn't like the graphics I could just put stickers over them!!!

So I am going to spend over $500 on a board with bad graphics, then put stickers over them. Yeah, ok! Good answer MBS...... lol

I don't actually mind one of the photos of the new Pro 100 board, looks kind of funky. But the others to me look a complete mess!

I guess we will all see soon enough how the complete board looks. That's if they decide to show us anytime this year!

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Doc75 wrote:MBS actually said to me they would never do plain boards for several reasons, and if I didn't like the graphics I could just put stickers over them!!!

So I am going to spend over $500 on a board with bad graphics, then put stickers over them. Yeah, ok! Good answer MBS...... lol

I don't actually mind one of the photos of the new Pro 100 board, looks kind of funky. But the others to me look a complete mess!

I guess we will all see soon enough how the complete board looks. That's if they decide to show us anytime this year!

The boards are shown in there entirety on the MBS website: http://www.mbs.com/ride_center/news/new-mbs-boards/
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”