How Many Of Us Have Ever Competed?

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Have ya?

I am a regular competitor. It makes me feel good about myself..
16%
I dibble and dabble.
49%
No. Obviously.
35%

Total votes: 43

ade_mcc

Post by ade_mcc » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:09 am

Hi Tom, yeah, without generalising too much, many of the younger riders ride in the bare minimum (skate-helmet, knee, elbow and wristguards), whilst many of the older riders up the protection a little. I call it the 'mortgage' effect.
I think it's worth going for the uplift alone and the track is wide enough that you could easily snake it the whole way down to keep speed down. Add in the lovely location and lovely people, and it should be a nice day out.

markbrosnan78
Dirty

Post by markbrosnan78 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:28 am

ade_mcc wrote:Hi Tom, yeah, without generalising too much, many of the younger riders ride in the bare minimum (skate-helmet, knee, elbow and wristguards), whilst many of the older riders up the protection a little. I call it the 'mortgage' effect.

Genius - because it's so true.

Wish I started boarding when I was younger and didn't have to give a monkeys.
[align=center]Trampa[/align]

[align=center]Allowing even fat blokes to ride since 2000...[/align]

sir seymour

Post by sir seymour » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:17 am

competed in pretty much every UK bx from 2003 to 2007, went on my first downhill tour in 2008 and rode in the french open and started axploring what could be done (by me) on a nosno on proper downhill mountainbike tracks. Had european tours summers of 2009 and 2010 riding in the swiss, french, italian and world downhills and freeriding untill you fell asleep on your feet or fell into the pub. Finished uni after that and started work as a tree climber. Physically demanding job, a need to be in good working order every day and a commitment to bringing in the rent has put the dampers on my riding for a few years and haven't competed because i don't feel i'm up to the same standard i once was at. Definitely gonna get involved in the uk downhill series again next season, even if i ride like a right sketchy fool. The comp scene is certainly a family i miss.

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:02 am

sir seymour wrote:Definitely gonna get involved in the uk downhill series again next season

Glad to hear it. We'd better get some cool tracks sorted, then. :)
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

_Kryten_
Slightly dirty

Post by _Kryten_ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

This year was my first year to compeat and it was frickin awsome. ill be hitting more events in 2013 not that my other half will be best pleased being pregnant an all that :/

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”