Mountain Boarding smartphone app

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Gary Crowhurst
Baby

Mountain Boarding smartphone app

Post by Gary Crowhurst » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:10 am

Hi guys.

I have made a smartphone app centered around mountain booarding tutorials. take a look at this demo video and let me know what you think. I would love to hear your feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndqvVJgI_8Y&feature=share&list=UUUquHSKVIkdsSrhdq-8bSlA

WSG7
Dirty

Post by WSG7 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:38 am

really good

_Kryten_
Slightly dirty

Post by _Kryten_ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:28 am

looks an awsome app but it does look like its missing 1 thing it has riding centers but not local riding spots like parks, woods etc is there any way this could be added heres the Remolition riding spot map if this is of any help http://www.remolition.com/riding-spots/

snowmonco
Dirty

Post by snowmonco » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:04 am

Looks great. Hope there'll be an Android version soon.
- Enjoy the Ride -

Roger knockhill
Dirty

Post by Roger knockhill » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:44 am

yeah gary wheres ma android version? bout time ya got on here mate, theres some good feedback to be had from this lot, ;)

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:50 am

good skills gary, i like the p.i.g. game option. i've got a fancy samsung, not sure what type of aps to get for it, but if you do one i'll buy it.

Gary Crowhurst
Baby

Post by Gary Crowhurst » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:03 pm

The Mountain boarding map will have more on it and users can also add there own spots. App will be on the Android market too and kindle :)

WSG7
Dirty

Post by WSG7 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:53 pm

is it on the app store now?

Gary Crowhurst
Baby

Post by Gary Crowhurst » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:32 am

It will be on the app stores in a few weeks time

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:44 am

Gary Crowhurst wrote:Hi guys.

I have made a smartphone app centered around mountain booarding tutorials. take a look at this demo video and let me know what you think. I would love to hear your feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndqvVJgI_8Y&feature=share&list=UUUquHSKVIkdsSrhdq-8bSlA

Damn it and I was just about to publish the one I started working on back in 1993

Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

snowmonco
Dirty

Post by snowmonco » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:47 pm

McCarver wrote:Damn it and I was just about to publish the one I started working on back in 1993

looks or was looked promising :)
- Enjoy the Ride -

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:37 pm

McCarver wrote:Damn it and I was just about to publish the one I started working on back in 1993

Yeah to bad you couldn't get it to work proper on landlines and pagers.
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

_Kryten_
Slightly dirty

Post by _Kryten_ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:29 am

Gary Crowhurst wrote:It will be on the app stores in a few weeks time

Keep us posted on when it's available oh and will this be free or a paid app?

Michael
Dirty

Post by Michael » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 am

Any chance of a windows phone app? :)
I can do a wheelie on a uni-cycle...

Gary Crowhurst
Baby

Post by Gary Crowhurst » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:02 am

Hi guys the app will be available on android, kindle, iPhone, iPad and the alike. It will be on sale soon I keep on thinking of new cool things to put in it but it's done as such I just want to be 100% happy before I release it. It will be update with new tutorials every month matt brind and Tom k will be adding so bits too will see if we can get them in the first release otherwise it will be in the updates. Let me just tell you why this wil be a paid app, I am currently travelling the world finding me places and things to ride and if this app can help me continue to travel then I am able to keep updating it with the bestiary interesting tricks there are, I will be in Colorado in the summer so some smashing will be done there. This is not one of those 99c apps that reaches millions of people and makes millions but that would be nice ;) the content and user functions still makeshift smile every time I play on it there is lots on it and it's only going to grow with my input and other riders input. The app has a function where you guys can add your own trick tutorial and ride spots that will be shared with other users. The game pig is awesome even if I say so myself it is a great way to learn new things and keep it interesting. I will keep you posted but it pretty much needs to be done by the end of this week as I will be on the road doing more filming.

Gary Crowhurst
Baby

Post by Gary Crowhurst » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:10 am

This won't work with windows as yet but I may think about packaging it as a suscription mobile site would this be something you would use? All my tutorial videos are on you tube too "gazzacrowhurst"

Hero-Boarding
Noob

Post by Hero-Boarding » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:15 pm

You should make at least the map viewable on a Homepage! so more Riders can see the spots and add them even if they dont have a smartphone!!

Gary Crowhurst
Baby

Post by Gary Crowhurst » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:16 am

Sure thing I have spent all day creating a map that will soon have to many spots to even think about. Inc freeride, skate parks, mbc's, bmx tracks etc It will have the most spots on the any other and will be on the website too

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”