Good or Bad idea??

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

colorado08
Noob

Good or Bad idea??

Post by colorado08 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:03 am

So I ride mtb as well as my board. Last year I went and watched the redbull rampage in Utah and had a awesome idea. The redbull rampage is big mountain free riding event for mountain bikes that gets tons of kids and adults wanting to get out and try it. My idea is maybe if MBS or some one could put on a event like that for mountian boarding and tried to blow it up here in the states more and more people would wanna get into mountain boarding. I don't know if it's a dumb idea or not but maybe somebody or someone could get something like that going. I know the state of Utah loves holding events like that and you can ride anywere there so finding a spot would be the easy part. Plus you could have the riders come out a week before build there lines and just shred. I know it sounds just like the redbull rampage but maybe a event like that or something could get mountain boarding bigger in the states! Just throwing a thought out there for anyone! Cheers!

KitChase
Baby

Post by KitChase » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:30 pm

Red bull rampage is big events in Utah . Almost certainly it is the gnarliest mountain bike event. For that required lots of practice. The riders are a little crazy about this. It is not bad idea but needed , more precaution about that sport.

colorado08
Noob

Post by colorado08 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:48 am

I know it is nuts on a bike! I am saying something like that but not as big as the rampage just a big freeride event with only jumps and lines the boarders make I think that would get a lot of attention to the sport. I know i would pay to go see it!

SpinDR
Noob

Post by SpinDR » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 pm

I think the downside of trying to do something like that is getting it sponsored.
I've been working with a few different companies trying to get sponsorship for something like that out in Moab. So far the ones that have responded have politely told me to eat a dick... A sport like mountain biking already gets tons of publicity from the Xgames and other outlets, but mountainboarding in the states is still relatively small so they are afraid of losing money from boarders not showing up, or lack of ratings.
I think what needs to happen is there needs to be an outpouring of support via emails, and other ways of contact (facebook, etc) to try and make MBS work to get those contacts and open the doors.

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:19 pm

you can always attract the sponsors if you know how to ask... and must offer them something. And smaller companies are always better then big ;)
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

SpinDR
Noob

Post by SpinDR » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:06 pm

True. I'm trying to find/think of any smaller companies locally that would be willing to help sponsor some of the road trips I'm trying to do with the group I ride with this summer, but been rejected a few times. Still looking.
I'm trying to work with the offer of putting their names/brands in videos/photos that kind of stuff. Not sure what else I can really offer.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:55 am

"heya, noticed this a few weeks ago come thru on facebooks international mountainboard page, rekon its probly relevent to what your on about. hope you don't mind me reposting it here mr pt :)

"Patrick Thomas

And now fore more good news my dirty little friends!

I think by now the reality of a 4 part Nationwide Point Series has sunk in. As we follow this thought process through we find ourselves at a natural conclusion…….This year Vertically Inclined Productions is bringing the first National Circuit to the US and therefore at the end of the season……..we will be crowning a

NATIONAL CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!

And you can find out more at veticallyinclined.org

That’s right. From all the experience that I have from the past seventeen years I’ve taken the good and left the bad behind. I’ve accepted all the criticisms for what they are and am now bringing you this series.

Not like I am able to do this alone though. Brack Lee, Evan Carlson and Halston Rhoades are heavily involved with VIP and I expect them to be here with me for a long time to come.

A few things to note. General race information is now available at verticallyinclined.org. We will continue to update the site as needed to help you get the information you need.

Locations, schedule of events, formats and divisions are listed there for you. A division must have at least 3 competitors. Otherwise you’ll have to compete in the appropriate division that matches your skill level.

Open Pro: These are the riders who are sponsored, have been riding for 3 or more years, are comfortable and in control at speed and up close and personal at speed with other riders. These are the people who cannot find a jump big enough. You know who you are.

Open Non-Pro: These are the riders with less than 3 years riding experience that have little or no competitions under their belt and are not 100% comfortable at speed and up close and personal at speed with other riders. You know who you are.

VIP events are not for the new rider without any experience. VIP events are not for children under the age of 16. We are producing this series to offer the riding majority an opportunity to show off their talents and progress this sport to where it needs to be.

More questions? Stop by verticallyinclined.org.

Product and early registration will be available soon.

Rocks and Dirt,
PT

SpinDR
Noob

Post by SpinDR » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:49 am

The issue with a national tournament really is cost of getting to these things. I understand some of the older guys have the extra money for travel and that kind of stuff, but i've already had to knix a few of the road trips i had planned with my group over cost. I'm the only one with a solid job out of 5 of us.
I would honestly love to make it out for a larger competition as I think the Fall classic is kinda going to crap. They demolished the backyard, and noones been able to get another place set up. Honestly if fall classic is as lame this year as last year, i probably wont even show up. a ride day in sedalia and "freestyle" at valmont? really? I keep getting shit for saying this but I'll say it again. There is no place for ams to get any good jumps at valmont that I've found, and i sure as hell am not driving 2 hours to hit a freaking hip.

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:57 am

how is it in US? We in Serbia had founded our mountainboard club, and we have our account in the bank, and we apply every year at city gouvernment (sport assotiation) for funds... And for every sponsorship we find, we get cash in the bank, and from there pay our costs... It is much easier to gain cash if you are club, then just some guy who ride some board

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:09 am

and what to offer sponsors?
For everything we do, we call TV network, newspapers, plenty of internet sites and everywhere we say who helped us and stand behind...
+ put their logo on flyers and stuff we share on our promotions...
and if you represent your city, I believe mayor would like to help you with that

Erich
Slightly dirty

Post by Erich » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:30 am

how many riders do you have in Serbia?

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:39 am

ahahahahahah :D
and we organize World championship

SpinDR
Noob

Post by SpinDR » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:41 am

MarcATB wrote:6
ahahahahahah :D
and we organize World championship

You good sir, are the definition of a bad-ass.

SpinDR
Noob

Post by SpinDR » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:43 am

It's a good idea to aim more so at maybe getting some city recogniztion.
We ride under the name Team Dirt Spine, or Team Springs. Could probably aim more so for city support if I can show them we don't destroy trails, or parks and are helping to clean up the areas that we hit on a regular basis.
We just hit about 8 guys in our group and we're still trying to figure out how to get everyone to rides lol, let alone run a comp

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”