Has your season started yet?

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Tom's 180's
Dirty

Has your season started yet?

Post by Tom's 180's » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:44 pm

I want to get out and ride, but it's been raining for about two years straight here. Hopefully when the clocks go forward the riding can really get going!

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:58 pm

My season never stops.

Freeride Forever.
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

Kiwy
Dirty

Post by Kiwy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:16 pm

kind of.. i went out twice this year. first time i cried myself to sleep when i realized i'm in "wimp mode" and i can barely ride anymore ( curse you winter!! ).
And the second time I just practiced basics to remember how a mountainboard feels like. Every spring it's the same... the faceplants, the depression part because i can't ride like last summer and the recovery part.

But last week when it was sunny and beautiful outside I had a serious cold. Now that I'm better...it's raining.

Daleyg3
Dirty

Post by Daleyg3 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Get some roadies and hit the concrete in heavy rain.. :)

snowmonco
Dirty

Post by snowmonco » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Kind of know the feeling. I've been riding every weekend for 1 month or so since beginning of year. Last weekend, unfortunately, it was pouring and I stayed home. Forecast predicts rain this weekend again... damn. Think I'll have to skip one day of work. Two weeks in a row is unbearable... now imagine for a few months... Argh. We are having a very wet winter by Portuguese standards this year.
- Enjoy the Ride -

saul
Dirty

Post by saul » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:48 am

We start it like a month ago.
But then it snowed again((
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsuIFXJVqCc?hl=uk_UA&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsuIFXJVqCc?hl=uk_UA&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:46 am

great vid Saul!

my season has start off a bit tempremental weather wise, a few heavy storms and now its dust clouds and 30 degrees!

riding wise the weather doesnt bother me, if im free and have the energy im out! mud and wet just means the terrain is slippy, use it to your advantage/insane fun!

been down-hilling a bit + found a drainage ditch and ive got my eye on 3 sets of stairs in a row with hand rail! so im working up the guts for that!

all in all a good start, just need more free time!
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:29 pm

I have to agree that my season never really ends, but I definitely ride more street/road compared to dirt in the winter months.
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

Alex's Phat Wheelz
Dirty

Post by Alex's Phat Wheelz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Is it just Somerset that gets awful weather all year round or are we just being pathetic and not going riding

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:51 pm

Been twice this year (hopeing to make it four by next tuesday) yer i'm fair weather rider as well.

Didn't ride at all last year (broken)

Only got into it a year before (not much doing really)

Hopeing to make a real go of it this year a proper season and full of learning more than just the basics.

My rule of thumb if the ground is dry enough when i take my mutt for walkies in the morning and it's staying dry i'm going out on that board, looking forward to the lighter evenings so i can get out more than just one day a week

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Alex's Phat Wheelz wrote:Is it just Somerset that gets awful weather all year round or are we just being pathetic and not going riding

I think you know the answer to that. :)
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

wayne74
Slightly dirty

Post by wayne74 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Like leap my season never ends or begins its been one long season since my 1st board in 2004 that's why I love wat we do so much....

snowmonco
Dirty

Post by snowmonco » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:54 am

saul wrote:We start it like a month ago.
But then it snowed again((

Great skills Saul. Lucky guys, can do snow and dirt at the same places. Snow where I live, you can count by your fingers in your lifespan and you'll have plenty to spare.
- Enjoy the Ride -

_Kryten_
Slightly dirty

Post by _Kryten_ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:29 am

My season ain't started yet due to late night feeds shitty nappy and work ill be getting on my board properly at round 2 this year but I might get a cheeky Sunday afternoon teaching

nimrod
Dirty

Post by nimrod » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:18 pm

I would always ride where and when I can.
So far this year I've had two sessions on dirt which weren't great as it still has yet to dry up.
I've been going to my local indoor skatepark when i get the chance and can always have a fun session and improve. On Friday night I was able to land my first hand plant on the halfpipe there, sketchy as it may be.
If you're not falling you're not trying ;)
YouTube channel, please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCipebuBiH1juHZBoM6SuA3Q

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”