Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

PingaAus
Noob

Post by PingaAus » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:35 am

Very close getting the Gen2 functional.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:27 am

Firstly, I keep reading your name as Pig Anus, maybe its a subconscious thing and I should go see a therapist.

Secondly, this is the greatest piece of innovation in mountainboarding since the first nosno and mbs boards were built. The price tag is far too high to have any impact on mainstream mountainboarding, but if the basic principles of the board were used (double wishbone and so on, not motorized) on a simpler, more affordable, board then it would be great. Just like NASA gave us cordless power tools and water filters, Baja could bring us full suspension, and so on.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

PingaAus
Noob

Post by PingaAus » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:55 am

Brennig wrote:Firstly, I keep reading your name as Pig Anus, maybe its a subconscious thing and I should go see a therapist.

Secondly, this is the greatest piece of innovation in mountainboarding since the first nosno and mbs boards were built. The price tag is far too high to have any impact on mainstream mountainboarding, but if the basic principles of the board were used (double wishbone and so on, not motorized) on a simpler, more affordable, board then it would be great. Just like NASA gave us cordless power tools and water filters, Baja could bring us full suspension, and so on.

Haha, Pig Anus. You are going to get me start reading that now.

Thanks for the comments. Bear in mind that we are currently just pricing it for a quantity of roughly 50 for Kickstarter. If we can get it to mass production, economy of scale will kick in.

The whole full suspension thing for non-motorized board is something we are debating internally. There are good reasons why we designed it for the BajaBoard. We know how to design a non-motorized version, but there's a question of whether it'll make enough of a handling difference.

We are not ruling it out :)

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:58 am

It looks pretty amazing... I wish I can find a sponsor that big, who can give us funds with which we can buy that board and give it for 1st place on WBXC ... Italians should do that too... for their big international DH champs... they are giving 5K Euros prize money, would be better to give BajaBoard + cash...
:)
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”