miniramp advice please

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Sat May 10, 2014 4:21 pm

As its winter here and soon long nights of hibernation will be upon me I decided to do a twitter account for this project and anything else filthboardy that I do. Either electric avenue or @electric_atb if your into that type of thing. I looked up surfing dirts and followed everything with a mountainboard in it. Think thats how it works.

New spine been put in recently, and have stolen a genarator from work so I should be able to cut and screw the coping on today if I can escape father dutys.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:24 am

well into spring for us here now and the ramp has turned into a abit more of a backyard park. decided its better supporting smurfing dirt than twiter (that and i forgot my password) so i'll get out there this weekend and get some photos of how things are coming along. current problem to overcome is sourcing a cheap/free wakeboard winch.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:48 am

First one is the begining of a pump track thats going in and incorperating the halfpipe as a berm. Second one is a flat down rail that leads on or off the ramp. Both projects I've been working on over the last month on sunday afternoons.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:39 am

http://s41.photobucket.com/user/boogaschi/media/20151026_173203_zpshbxffenz.mp4.html

Typing on tiny annoying keypad so keep it short. Flatland park needs wake style winch, but owner very poor. Need to improvise. Scored cement mixer being chucked away cos spins to fast. Have butchered apart to access spiny bits but there ends my mechanical knowledge. Any helpfull suggestions very appreciated. Farmer neighbour can weld and fabricate for me.

Cheers for any help:)

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:44 am

click the photo it's a vid
Typing on tiny annoying keypad so keep it short. Flatland park needs wake style winch, but owner very poor. Need to improvise. Scored cement mixer being chucked away cos spins to fast. Have butchered apart to access spiny bits but there ends my mechanical knowledge. Any helpfull suggestions very appreciated. Farmer neighbour can weld and fabricate for me.

Cheers for any help:)

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:35 am

sevral options to slow the beast down.
1- eletrical....open the rectangular box ontop of the electrical motor...you maybe able to change the connetion pattern (wye-delta) if its three phase which im guessing its not. if its single phase then it depends on some other things.maybe open it and take another pic

2- change the pully size (and belt)...like changing gear if you see what i mean - this will make it clearer -http://www.blocklayer.com/Pulley-BeltEng.aspx

my guess is that someone changed the electrical motor and didnt check speed. see if the motor has a metalic ticket on its side saying speed or speedS

p.s. take into account that under load the speed should reduce some anyway....no idea by how much though....might be worth just trying it first
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”