Man I'd love to have one of these winches

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

McCarver
Gringo

Man I'd love to have one of these winches

Post by McCarver » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:45 pm

until i looked at the link i was confused, couldn't understand where your feet are suppose to go and how it steers :P
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Kiwy
Dirty

Post by Kiwy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:24 am

It was winter last year I think, there was an airbag set up in the parking lot of a mall for snowboarders and bikers. There was no drop in so they used a winch for the snowboarders to pick up speed(there was no snow they were riding carpet).
I managed to get approval to use it with my mountainboard. It broke down while pulling the snowboarder I was in line after...

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:39 am

but does it have a remote control? for solo riding?
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

concretejungle
Noob

Post by concretejungle » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:10 am

This makes a Banshee Bungee look like a silly rubber band...
MBS 2012 Core 95 "Autumn" with Pro Matrix trucks, yellow T3's, blue Rockstar II's, Pro F4's's, aluminum L-brackets, stickers
MBS 2012 Pro 90 Bamboo "Irony" with Pro Matrix trucks, "Roadies", white Twistars, F4's

BryceAZ

Post by BryceAZ » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:10 pm

Winches are awesome but here's the problem:

Banshee Bungee: $200
Winch: $2000

That being said, if anyone has one (*cough* Parker Bomar) I'd be happy to trade you my bungee for it. :D

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:09 pm

I.ve been quietly trying to reaserch building a big portable genny to power the house when the house looses power thru the winter months. Cos of all the turny bits i figured why not chuck a flatground winch on the side. I was thinking a torque set spring that wound up on an extended axel and once got to desired setting (maybe as easy as using a drill head to govern the torque, once its where you want it jus starts clicking) then solo rider pulls a rope and hopes arms don't dislocate.
Problem i've got at the moment is trying to find info to build aa genny or winch that isn't 5 grand. The blokes who desighn the ones above have how to build vids online, but man they are to complex for my limited mechanics.

indigo_wolf
Experienced

Post by indigo_wolf » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:11 pm

BryceAZ wrote:Winches are awesome but here's the problem:

Banshee Bungee: $200
Winch: $2000

That being said, if anyone has one (*cough* Parker Bomar) I'd be happy to trade you my bungee for it. :D

I think winch is much cheaper if you get the child powered one rather than the gas powered one. So if you had a large brood of children.... :rolleyes:

ATB,
Sam

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”