Mountainboard carrying

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

sam_smith
Baby

Mountainboard carrying

Post by sam_smith » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:02 am

Hi, I'm in my final year of university and I am going to make a mountain board carrier for my final project, which can also carry the equipment i.e pads, food, drink, camera, spares etc.
I was just wondering if there would be a market for it, and if anyone would ever by something like it? It would most likely cost around £30 - £60 ($50 - $100). Cheers.

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:54 am

yes, people are buying board bags, not that much but they are very practical. And with the good price, you can bring buyers...
I think it should be something between back pack and board bag - and with the option of board being inside (without wheels for airport transport) and outside, attached with stripes or smtg... With the additional stripes on the bottom for sleeping bag, of other things... (you can hook a wire there and pull board behind you when going uphill)
Boardbags are good, but not really a back pack - if you think of smtg better, it should be interesting.
p.s. I am writing all of this from the aspect of a hiker/boarder ... I don't know if you know, but we are planning nice little trip this September-October- to cross the Pyreneese with the boards - hike uphill and ride dh - with backpacks on our shoulders... your product could be on it if you finish it on time ;)
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

Kiwy
Dirty

Post by Kiwy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:17 am

Something like a cool backpack yes. I prefer to have both my hands free when I travel, so a backpack that could secure the board comfortably without it hitting me in the head or making it an impediment in crowds or tight places would be great.

Right now I tie the trucks and board to the back of a travel backpack but it swivels from side to side if I turn too fast.
Also if it had the option to carry other types of boards like skate, long or snow or side straps for inline skate you could make the ultimate backpack for riders.

sam_smith
Baby

Post by sam_smith » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:22 am

Thanks guys. The basic idea at the moment is some sort of backpack that will carry a range of boards (hopefully) and can still be used when you don't want to carry a board, so it can be used day-to-day

Benobeone
Baby

Post by Benobeone » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:08 pm

That would be awesome. My dream bag would allow really quick attachment. Be stable enough to run and climb (ish) in ( so lots of padding, adjustibility, and possibly waist and chest straps) and be able to store a bottle of water and maybe a water proof. A place for pads would be cool but once I have them on I tend to leave them on.

I currently use a hicking pack with the board strapped where the bedroll normally goes. For long walk I also attach bungee cords from each top wheel to the top of the bag this stabilies the board from swinging too much or slipping on its pivot point. This as you can imagine is very bulky and still is not stable enough to run in.

So yes please invent something awesome
Embrace your Freedom

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:30 am

ive wondered about a backpack of some sort that stayed attatched to the middle of the deck so that u can carry the board/bag when climbing and scrambling up terrain but then it stays attatched to the board when riding down.

I dont like wearing a bag when im riding so might be something to consider.
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”