Hello, and Eugene, OR spots

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Beet
Baby

Hello, and Eugene, OR spots

Post by Beet » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Hey all, I'm new here. Hope to get into mountain boarding more and not just as a way to be boarding all year(snowboarding is expensive and weather dependent). I recently picked up a MBS comp 95 and have done a few sessions on forest roads, it was awesome. I hope to get out to the beach and see if my traction kite will pull all 215 lbs. of me around. Anyone know of any good spots for downhill in Oregon, preferably near Eugene, OR?

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Fritz is around Portland, and I think knows some riders there, interested?
https://www.facebook.com/events/272357266248745/

Beet
Baby

Post by Beet » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:49 pm

Hey thanks for the reply. That sounds pretty cool! I'm still quite green, but maybe I'll check it out. I have little fear when riding, but big fear of not paying the bills because I broke my arse from pushing to far beyond my skill level. Maybe I can spectate and learn. Got 4 months till then, and I love it, so I'll be riding. Also I found a decent spot near my house with some hard pack dirt road and some spongy but manageable grass hills. Putting it on my calendar. Thanks!

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:24 pm

You're welcome. We'll all be happy to have you, and 4 months riding can be a lot, or very little :) Depends what you do!

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”