Moderator: BgSurfer

Montana Rider
Slightly dirty

dream mountain board park

Post by Montana Rider » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:45 am

lets see how creative the community is. lets see some idears

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:04 am

long ass snake run, with lots of hump type bumps to pop around on, so that u can get creative with runs and go huge over the tops of the humps or hip them and lots of jibby shit. pole jams, mani pads etc
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:54 am

A long wide asphalt slope checkered with sidewalk drops and grassy banks leading to a smooth dirt road with half buried cars of all makes and models with manicured ramps and transitions built around them. Somewhere in there it would have a short steep patch of fluffy dirt about three or four inches deep and about 300 meters long so you could get throw some nice powder sprays. The last section would be a semi steep golf course type ski run and would end at a coffee shop in Amsterdam.
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:25 pm

Big and long 4men bx track with big berms, various obstacles (gaps over water, tunnels, bridges...) one part of it through forest (north shore), nice kickers (with foam pit too), dirt half pipe and the zip line (for additional fun)
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

Chedder
Noob

Post by Chedder » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:24 pm

A golf course on a hill.. With opportunities to cut in and out of woodland.. The edges lined with bunkers to hop skip and jump over as well and bits and bobs to jib on.. Top to bottom would take at least 10 mins to get down flat out so you could easily spend all day to get to the bottom just messing around on the all the features

And a bar at the bottom

Oh and a ski lift

Oh and a swimming pool

To practice triples in and to just chill out

Gaz
Slightly dirty

Post by Gaz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Ever been to Tignes in the summer Chedder?

Chedder
Noob

Post by Chedder » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:27 am

Nah I havent im afraid, been trying to convince the girlfriend for the past 2 years to have a summer holiday somewhere like Tinges but she isnt having none of it.

Worth a trip then??

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:32 am

Chedder wrote:A golf course on a hill.. With opportunities to cut in and out of woodland.. The edges lined with bunkers to hop skip and jump over as well and bits and bobs to jib on.. Top to bottom would take at least 10 mins to get down flat out so you could easily spend all day to get to the bottom just messing around on the all the features

And a bar at the bottom

Oh and a ski lift

Oh and a swimming pool

To practice triples in and to just chill out

Allestree in derby..kinda
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

Gaz
Slightly dirty

Post by Gaz » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:54 am

The set up for the summer visitors when I was there a few years back was pretty close to what you posted earlier; All the runs open and served by the ski lifts, summer skiing/boarding on a Glacier, skatepark, bike skills park, golf course, big kickers into air bags, paragliding, canyoning, sailing. Even the lake had a big roll in and kicker at the bottom (although the water is bloody freezing). As well as pubs and restaurants etc. This was all set up for Mountain biking and was before I took up Mountainboarding so I'm not sure what the policy is now but from what I saw the whole setup was pretty laid back so I doubt it would be a problem.
Attachments
alps holiday 056.jpg
alps holiday 075.jpg
alpine golf course.jpg
alps holiday 045 web.jpg

Chedder
Noob

Post by Chedder » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Looks unreal. Always wanted to do a mountain summer holiday, Promised myself for a few years to do a summer ski camp there but theres always been a festival ticket thats sucked me in!

Maybe this year is the year!!

Gaz
Slightly dirty

Post by Gaz » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:13 pm

That was my first summer mountain holiday, never expected half of the stuff that was there. I was expecting it to be all quiet picture postcard stuff but it was much better. Convert one of the access roads to a massive BX track and add some features for jibbage here and there and that would be my ideal park, you'd never get bored.

Montana Rider
Slightly dirty

Post by Montana Rider » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:34 pm

mccarver you straight up win for the coffee shop.

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:42 pm

Montana Rider wrote:mccarver you straight up win for the coffee shop.

LOL yeah man, love me some coffee shop action. I've been to Amsterdam twice in the last two years. Hope to make it back there again one day. I need to puff after a good run to feel some closure, if I could build anything I wanted it definitely would have legalized marijuana at the bottom.
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

Montana Rider
Slightly dirty

Post by Montana Rider » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:34 pm

or really cool neighbors

sir seymour

Post by sir seymour » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:14 am

Tignes is a lot of fun in the summer. Think we managed to hit all the downhill bike runs and got a fair bit of firetrack and piste in too.

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:30 am

Montana Rider wrote:or really cool neighbors

which is basically the same thing

Cmac_spartan
Noob

Post by Cmac_spartan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:18 am

Picture breckenridge in the summer with a lone mountain boarder absolutely shredding a wide open grassy ski run and that's what goes down in Colorado.

Montana Rider
Slightly dirty

Post by Montana Rider » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:32 pm

any pictures of anybodies home set up?

saul
Dirty

Post by saul » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:02 am

My friends Anton home set up
https://vimeo.com/46155685

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”