G-form pads, have you tried them?

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Ben
Old timer

G-form pads, have you tried them?

Post by Ben » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:23 am

they look very comfortable but my instincts say they wont last 10 minutes.
maybe they'd be ok for elbow pads but knees really need to be hardy

I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Daleyg3
Dirty

Post by Daleyg3 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:03 am

G-form are only really great for downhill Longboard Pro's mate.. they rip on first impact. Hence why Longboarders wear them underneath leathers in racing. Too expensive imo too, go for 661 Elbow pads :) and yeah, definitely not for kneepads

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:36 am

ive been using 661 dj knees and 661 elbows for 4 years now and have no need to replace them yet! thats quality.

was just wondering....

tatumvay
Noob

Post by tatumvay » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:20 am

So, I'm definitely a new mountainboarder, but I've already had a couple of very great falls while wearing my G-Form and they did their job really well!

They were on border-cross tracks and the only thing that really hurt for my bad ones was my butt (and I ordered a butt pad.)

Not scratched up or anything. A bit pricey, but I love mine; they are comfortable as heck too! Just my experience.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:00 am

tatumvay - what pads do you wear and where? also under cloths or over?

WSG7
Dirty

Post by WSG7 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:13 am

i wear them and find them great. i only really mountain board on grass though so wouldnt know if they rip on hard surfaces. really good protection and i like the fact that they fit underneath your clothes

tatumvay
Noob

Post by tatumvay » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:26 pm

I wear the elbow pads and the knee pads.

I usually wear them with shorts and a t-shirt, but sometimes I'll toss a hoodie over them. My girlfriend wears hers underneath jeans when she mountainboards.

Honestly, they've been working great and are so comfortable that I'm considering extending them into the snowboarding season, where I usually wouldn't use pads.

tatumvay
Noob

Post by tatumvay » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:24 am

Another pretty big fall with these on; my wrist really hurts, despite wearing wrist guards, but my elbows were fine. Until these tear apart, I'm a huge fan of these;

The one problem I've found is that they slip a bit; I think because mine are a bit too big, but I'm finding myself readjusting before I do anything. This is fine for me, because I wear them with shorts, but for my girlfriend, who wears them underneath jeans, i think it could be a problem. (Though she doesn't have to keep moving hers like I do, so it's probably a size issue.)

jackinator
Noob

Post by jackinator » Fri May 29, 2015 11:29 pm

I saw these on amazon, reviews said they worked great for sudden impacts, not so good for skidding across pavement, also some had a problem of slipping, as @tatumvay said.

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”