Rockboard Descender tank tracks?

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

jackinator
Noob

Rockboard Descender tank tracks?

Post by jackinator » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:07 pm

Has anyone else seen these "Descenders", I think it looks interesting, however I haven't seen any real reviews or videos for it, they all seem to be 5-year-olds going in a strait line, though in an email they told me I could make sharp turns with enough speed. Here's a video showing the truck movement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmc3l2IjhU
http://www.gizmag.com/rockboard-descender-track-skateboard/22027/
anyone anyone seen how these work on steeper slopes, and turning, or willing to be the gheuiny pig and test one.

jackinator
Noob

Post by jackinator » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:09 pm

I do like the idea of tank tracks for a board, I'm just not sure how well it would steer or how much the friction will slow it down

Kiwy
Dirty

Post by Kiwy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:11 pm

If they really want to add treads, they should go look at the grass skis designs, and integrate them into a truck that should be placed longboard or mountainboard style not skateboard style (under the rider's feet). But the question is, what would adding threads accomplish?

Other than adding more parts to replace, and making it hard to acquire them?

jackinator
Noob

Post by jackinator » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:24 pm

supposedly better traction, possibly smoother, i hadn't heard of grass skis, do you know how the tracks work on those, i didn't see any gears or wheels in the photos, is it a bearing track?

Gaz
Slightly dirty

Post by Gaz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:53 am

Tracks are a way to increase the footprint of a vehicle to spread it's weight preventing it from sinking. Traction is better if the tracks are driven but not if they aren't.

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”