Trampa
8%
Other
17%

Total votes: 12

mario64

Butt Pads

Post by mario64 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:44 am

I was thinking about getting some Butt pads and I'm not sure about which, there seams to be 3 main ones,
theres the bullet padded shorts that are the cheapest but might be abit cumbersome, but does have allot of prottection.
Then theres the Hillbilly protective shorts which have more padding and and a plastic coccyx protector and costs more.
And finally theres the Trampa booty wrap which costs the most but looks like its the most comfortable and easiest to take move in and change in and out of.
What pads have you guys tried?

Erich
Slightly dirty

Post by Erich » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Out of the three I have only used the Hillbilly ass pads. They are very comfortable. I could wear them all day. I had some butt pads I bought at a snowboard shop that felt like I was wearing a shit filled diaper. Or what I would imagine that would feel like.
I live cement. I hate this street. Give dirt to me.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:51 pm

i have the bullet pads (im not voting cause ive never tried any of the other ones).

quite comfortable though i do have to weathe trousers a size or two bigger lol bottom line (excuse the pun) they do the job and have lasted a few good years, all and all im pleased with them but again...maybe there is better and ive just not tried it.
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

indigo_wolf
Experienced

Post by indigo_wolf » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:27 pm

The Hillbillys are the only ones I have tried.

The Trampa looks interesting, but would hate to give up the coccyx plate.

Also a bit of a pain to source in the U.S. I expect part of the Hillbillys popularity is due to the fact that they now use MBS's distribution chain.

The Dainese Hard Shorts look intersting, but
  • spendy
  • I would have preferred a drawstring in addition to the elastic top like the Hillbillys.

ATB,
Sam

mario64

Post by mario64 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:27 pm

I'm quite tempted to get the trampa ones because you can just strap it on, and you don't need to take off your boots and trousers to put them on. It may not have a plate at the coccyx, but it does have a tonne of padding there.

Tornado
Dirty

Post by Tornado » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:23 pm

I've only used the Hillbillys so I can't vouch for the others...

MarcATB
Dirty

Post by MarcATB » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:50 am

Well I was watching 80 riders from all over the world and no one is wearing any .
Visit Serbia and experience best boarder cross on planet

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:13 am

http://store.demonunited.com/Demon-FlexForce-X-D3O-Protective-Short-V1-p/ds1620.htm
http://store.demonunited.com/Demon-FlexForce-X-D3O-Protective-Short-p/ds1620.2.htm

i've been self abusing the same pair of hillbillys for about 5 years now. and still going strong with only some immaterial tears. but have promised myself a pair of the d30 demons for next snow season as the hillbillys are a bit to big for snowpants. that being said if the hillbillys were modernised a little i'd probley try to go with them and keep the money in the mountainboard world.

wayne74
Slightly dirty

Post by wayne74 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Ive tried bullits and some others but now ride with trampa booty wrap and would recomend to anyone

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”