2 years waiting for a new board.

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Jhammo52

2 years waiting for a new board.

Post by Jhammo52 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:50 pm

So I just bought a new MBS Comp 90 2012. :D

When the 2012 decks first released, I immediately fell in love with the graphics and have been saving up for one for years now. This time last year, I managed to scrounge enough to afford just the deck itself, but the european distributors ran out of stock at pretty much the same time, and I couldn't afford the full Comp 90 board with all its wheels and straps.

Things have gone a little smoother this year so with the deck itself still weirdly out of stock (I don't know how that works) I just splashed out on a whole new board. So I'm stoked up to my eyeballs now.

My current board is a BATTERED MBS Comp 95 2008. The deck is split, the trucks are all outta whack and (due to a run in with the sea) the majority of the nuts and bolts are rusting up a good'n. But I've had years of service out of that trusty ride. If you trawl way back through this site you'll most likely find some pics of it being thrashed around.

I'm interested to see how differently the 90 deck will handle, though at this point I've been riding my 95 ragged for so long that I can't remember how it rolled when it was first assembled. I'm not too exited about the Vector trucks, so my current plan is to save up for some new Matrix Pros and slam them onto the shorter deck in order to create a downsized successor to my 95.

Just wanted to share this great news with you all, as I'm all mega excited now! Happy New Year! :cool:

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:04 pm

awesome news, congrats and well done.
also i cant remember the last time i saw you post, so welcome back.

on a side note - did i ever personally thank you for my graphic? Ian (kentATB) told me your the one responsible for creating it...
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Jhammo52

Post by Jhammo52 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:52 am

Cheers Ben! Yeah, it's been a while. I'll be having plenty to say again, with my new board. My old 95 hasn't been anywhere or done anything particularly noteworthy for a while now.

Yeah, haha, I did all those graphics. You're very much welcome! They were allot of fun and I should get around to making some more. I also seem to remember that my undelivered promise of rustling up a new banner for this forum became something of a running joke. Put a big smile on my face to see that dusty pic of Raoul still tearing along the top there.

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:27 am

Ha welcome back Jhammo, funny that you decided to post as I swear I was just thinking about you and your banner last week randomly. You may be the only person that has posted less than me lately. My board sadly is collecting cobwebs hence my lack of posting. Im living in a new area with some interesting hills with some serious urban chaos potential. Who knows maybe 2015 will mark my comeback as well.
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

Jhammo52

Post by Jhammo52 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:10 am

Yeah MC, long time man! Good to see the site's still has plenty of us around. Yeah, I've done allot of moving too recently and seldom get the chance to take my board out for much action. Never been too keen on paving and tarmac under my wheels, but there are some lovely spots to be found, none the less if you know where to look.

Well, a board arrived today!

Unboxed it imeadiatly to find my new MBS Comp 90...

... was actually an MBS Comp 95. Nice work Maxtrack. I've been sent a considerably more expensive board. It looks great! Gorgeous graphics on the top deck and a lovely fresh pair of F4 bindings. Looking at a fresh set of Matrix trucks has me considering replacing the Vectors on the Comp 90 immediately... but we'll see how it rides first.

I contacted Maxtrack earlier to inform them of the error and they've been great. Agreed to send someone out pronto to take back the 95 and replace it with a 90. So that's great. Back to anticipation then...

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:07 pm

dont you prefer the 95?
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Jhammo52

Post by Jhammo52 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:42 pm

Ben wrote:dont you prefer the 95?

Oh, definitely. I've ridden pretty much every MBS board there is (bar any of the 'Pro' series boards) and without a doubt, the Comp 95 is the best. It gets my vote as the best mountain board going, but that's just my opinion.

I already have an 2008 model 95, and although it now rides like ride centre rental Scrub, I'm in no rush to replace it. If I run into some more dosh and they're still selling the 2012 decks then I'll certainly take one. But for now, I'm after something different.

My main reason for wanting the 90 is that I like the idea of a slightly shorter deck. Way back at the (now defunct) boarding group, Team Neb, we used to have a whole load of 2008 model MBS Comp 90s that were kitted with the bare minimum, velcro straps, T1 tyres, etc. People used to avoid them like the plague and we usually reserved them for kids (which I always thought was a little harsh seeing as we never loosened the trucks enough to allow any sort of turning). Although I obviously preferred all the other 'full sized' boards for their ride, I used to love ripping around on the little 90s. Tricks and moves I found cumbersome on the larger boards were a piece of cake on the little decks. So really I'm just after a balance between the two, hence my plan to whack matrix trucks onto the 90 deck.

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”