Bdirthead
25%

Total votes: 8

Ben
Old timer

me being a poet :P

Post by Ben » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:54 pm

escape into nature

My mountainboarding addiction started with a simple moment of eureka. the realization that board riding didn't have to be set in a town, nor did it have to be on a road or any hard surface, it didn't have to follow any lines or stay within specific terrain. it was a realization of a kind of freedom which was granted to my already very board intensive life. it was the most freeing moment since i got my car.

The time i spent in nature until then was always in the company of family or friend, hiking and exploring. but with mountainboarding i found myself alone more and more in nature, specifically in woodland. it gave me the most immense rush to sense polar opposite feelings in the shortest times. one moment walking quietly through leafy ground, listening the wind in the trees and the birds in the bushes and the next the adrenaline of rushing past trees and stones, making fast choices and sensing the boards response to the ground as I make a hard turn. making using of natural features to jump or pump speed before the flats or running into softer dirt before the big slope, sliding into a wide drifty corner as i struggle to keep control. Then suddenly stopping and as i struggle to catch my breath i slip back into the calming breeze.

taking time in day to day life just for yourself has always proven hard and its not getting any easier over the years. Mountainboarding for me is a trip to the psychologist, a dose of clean air, a chance to reconnect with nature and the thrill and passion of my life

I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

BgSurfer

Post by BgSurfer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Some photos from the past just to keep things moving.
Started riding grassy hills to try and get the surfing feeling and reflexes back. Rode street on a whim one day. With some custom board assembly evolution, I found a ride on land that is the closest thing to surfing so far.

Carvin's the Source. It'll change your life. Swear to God.

~~~~~

Keeping the Stoke
http://www.bgsurf.blogspot.com/2009/10/street-carver-keeping-stoke-riding.html
The older I get, the better I was...
Ride what you like. :cool:[color="Green"][/color]

BDirthead
Experienced

I'm late to the party

Post by BDirthead » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:37 am

But want to share anyway...

Capturing the end of a fun run is just the beginning of the next mountainboard adventure. Its that feeling you get of exhilaration and stoke, that gets you back up the hill and strapped to the bindings to do it all over again. And even when the days session comes to an end, the next adventure is on your mind, looking forward to the day you become one with your board again. I LOVE mountainboarding :)
Attachments
5 30 15 Camp Cutter 1.jpg

buggley

Pick this month's contest winner

Post by buggley » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:40 am

It's up to you all to help pick the winner
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:51 am

I suggest you link to the submissions from here.

buggley

Post by buggley » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:40 pm

I don't know how
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

mario64

Post by mario64 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:32 pm

If you highlight the posts you can copy them to another thread.

buggley

Post by buggley » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:32 am

And the winner is ben. PM me your adress please and we will get on to picking and mailing the shirt

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:57 pm

awesome :) thanks
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Sabri0125
Baby

Post by Sabri0125 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:54 pm

[quote="BgSurfer"]Some photos from the past just to keep things moving.
Started riding grassy hills to try and get the surfing feeling and reflexes back. Rode street on a whim one day. With some custom board assembly evolution, I found a ride on land that is the closest thing to surfing so far.

Carvin's the Source. It'll change your life. Swear to God.

cool!!!!!
Prom Dresses 2015

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”