Welcome to the Newbie's forum

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

McCarver
Gringo

Welcome to the Newbie's forum

Post by McCarver » Sun May 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks for checking out SurfingDirt.com and welcome to our Newbies forum. My name is Chad but feel free to refer to me by my posting handle McCarver. I am one of the moderators of the site and am here to help answer any questions that you might have. So whether you are a newbie trying to figure out which board and protective gear combo is right for you, or an experienced rider trying to figure out how to embedd a video into a post please feel free to ask anything you like and I or one of our knowledgeable members will do our best to answer your questions.

Kalonic
Noob

Post by Kalonic » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:05 am

Hi, i am VERY new to this forum and am looking forward to checkin out all the great advice and content, however im havin trouble logging in for some reason. when i go to surfingdirt.com and use the log in tab in the bottom right it doesnt recognise my username, if i then go to my emails, re click the activate account tab. it says im already active, if i then log in on that screen in the top right with the same username and password it logs me straight in. Its prob me being a complete newbie to these things and doing something wrong but if someone could help me clear it up that would be great!!

looking forward to checkin out all the great content, im sure this is gonna help me while away the time whilst im stuck at work!! :)

mashup
Noob

Post by mashup » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:38 am

Kalonic wrote:Hi, i am VERY new to this forum and am looking forward to checkin out all the great advice and content, however im havin trouble logging in for some reason. when i go to surfingdirt.com and use the log in tab in the bottom right it doesnt recognise my username, if i then go to my emails, re click the activate account tab. it says im already active, if i then log in on that screen in the top right with the same username and password it logs me straight in. Its prob me being a complete newbie to these things and doing something wrong but if someone could help me clear it up that would be great!!

looking forward to checkin out all the great content, im sure this is gonna help me while away the time whilst im stuck at work!! :)

Hi, and welcome to surfingdirt Kalonic.

Yes, the problem you are having is a common one. What you need to do is reset your account by signing into the secure server via the account settings page in your profile tab. Once in there enable auto login, this revalidates single computer use memory settings, stopping you from having this problem ever again.

This will resolve the issue you're having.

Kalonic
Noob

Post by Kalonic » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:08 am

ok awesome! altho i assume then i can only auto log in to one computer so best to have it as my home comp than the work laptop?

thanks for your reply!

mashup
Noob

Post by mashup » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:38 am

Kalonic wrote:ok awesome! altho i assume then i can only auto log in to one computer so best to have it as my home comp than the work laptop?

To login on multiple computers, set your system preferences to "all" and select command user prompt. Click advanced settings tab, and then the custom tab, then tick all 3 boxes including the dir. syntax. box.

Enter dirtsurfing.com click on forum and voila! No more worries.

;)

Kalonic
Noob

Resolved!!

Post by Kalonic » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:57 am

mashup wrote:To login on multiple computers, set your system preferences to "all" and select command user prompt. Click advanced settings tab, and then the custom tab, then tick all 3 boxes including the dir. syntax. box.

Enter dirtsurfing.com click on forum and voila! No more worries.

;)

ahhh ok fantastic, yeah all sorted....cant believe how foolish i was being. i think it was cos i couldnt find system preferences initially but once i found that, obviously the way forward was, as u say, select all. Fortunately for a moron like me the "command user prompt" is a nice easy tool to use so its not taken me that much time to work it all out. ive actually found a work around for this issue tho, but it requires you to slightly re configure ur hard drives so that certain browser configs are placed in their own individual partitions. sounds complicated and u need to re install some small things....e.g windows etc.... but its the most effective resolution. Give me a shout if u need any how to's with this!

WARNING - this will only work on WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 4.6.3 OR HIGHER

thanks again Mashup:D

mashup
Noob

Post by mashup » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:47 am

Kalonic wrote:ahhh ok fantastic, yeah all sorted....cant believe how foolish i was being. i think it was cos i couldnt find system preferences initially but once i found that, obviously the way forward was, as u say, select all. Fortunately for a moron like me the "command user prompt" is a nice easy tool to use so its not taken me that much time to work it all out. ive actually found a work around for this issue tho, but it requires you to slightly re configure ur hard drives so that certain browser configs are placed in their own individual partitions. sounds complicated and u need to re install some small things....e.g windows etc.... but its the most effective resolution. Give me a shout if u need any how to's with this!

WARNING - this will only work on WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 4.6.3 OR HIGHER

thanks again Mashup:D

I made the mistake of trying it this way first.

It's much easier the way i said

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:02 am

Wow good thing Mashup is so smart, because I thought it was as simple as just loggin in.Let me know if you cant get it sorted and I'll contact our tech guy..

PS glad you decided to come on over Kalonic we'lll have to come up with a good avatar for you soon.
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

etchy6

Post by etchy6 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 am

uuuuurghhhh
Dom Etchells

Dizzy Discos Cheltenham
http://www.dizzydiscoscheltenham.co.uk
on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy-Discos-Cheltenham/284193654942363

Book your disco now, be it a 5th birthday party, an 18th, a 21st or just a special occasion.
07879 402 102
01242 604 067

iRide95
Slightly dirty

Post by iRide95 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:11 pm

My name is Pat, I'm also new to the forum. Lookin forward to meeting some new people, finding new places to ride, and learn a few things along the way. I'm also looking into getting more involved in the mountainboarding community and help spread the word about our beloved sport. :)

Cheers

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Well glad to have you buddy, we're looking forward to getting to know you as well. Got some cool peeps in Colorado that post here so when you finally get there you may be in for a treat! How long you been riding for? Why dont you tell us about yourself.
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

BryceAZ

Post by BryceAZ » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:18 pm

Welcome man, Definitely get your introduction on in the Introduce Yourself thread. This is a great place to be for all things mountainboarding.

BryceAZ

Post by BryceAZ » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Crap, you beat me to it. Well, consider yourself welcomed x2.

iRide95
Slightly dirty

Post by iRide95 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Haha thanks for the welcome, my bad i'll move it there

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:56 pm

dont worry i moved a copy over there already ;) feel free to add to it though

winstonsam

Helllo Friends

Post by winstonsam » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi Everybuddy.
I am new member in this Community. I just take this chance to introduce my self and I hope you'll welcome me here. I am Winstonsam from Florida. It's my pleasure to join with you in this community.

I am enjoying My Current life because I believe that Current time is Gifted so that's why we called it to present.

Thanks.

BryceAZ

Post by BryceAZ » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Good to have you. Welcome to the forum!

Thomathy
Noob

Post by Thomathy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Hey guys, just bought my first board: a GI Catalyst. I'm looking forward to really putting it to the test over Spring Break when I go back home, but I've got to get it fixed first. Yeah, put it together right out of the box, took it for a ride at a little park nearby, and the right front wheel comes off. Turns out that three of the spacers are the same size, and one is about 1.5cm longer. I figure I didn't get the lock all the way on since I had about that much less space to work with, so it worked itself off. Any ideas for the best way to chop it down?? It's that weird plastic-but-I-wanna-be-metal kind of alloy. Thanks, and look forward to contributing to the forum Texas style!

The 6th degree

Post by The 6th degree » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Did you get it direct from GI - drop those guys an email or call them and let them know one of the parts in the box was wrong - I am sure they'll sort you out.

Barring that, get a hacksaw out?

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Ive alread contacted ground industries regarding your problem, so if somebody doesnt have a quick fix I'll be letting you know soon what they say. Welcome aboard by the way, cant wait to hear your tails of shreddage.

Return to “Newbie Q&A”