Welcome to the Newbie's forum

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Thomathy
Noob

Post by Thomathy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Awesome, thanks guys!! 6th- I've gone back and forth about taking a saw or grinder to it, but I don't have anything that's not free hand with me and I'm afraid I'll tear it up. I'm sure it won't be too long before I get tired of looking at it in pieces and I try something.

DirtinSD
Noob

Newbie For Sure

Post by DirtinSD » Fri May 14, 2010 11:47 am

Hey guys I'm new here. Nice to meet you all. Dirt rocks!

-D

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Fri May 14, 2010 4:12 pm

welcome dude, ride on, the forums pretty kewl, stick around!
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

stylezofnz

Post by stylezofnz » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:10 am

mods????
I live life a quater mile at a time. And when i'm not doing that i'm riding my mountain board.

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:31 am

he's an on topic poster, comes of a bit as a spammer, but you cant argue with on topic spam :D
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

Skaterdre
Noob

Post by Skaterdre » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Yo My Name is Dré (André Vallieres) From Alberta Canada! Hey all, although I am fairly new to the forum I have actually been Mountainboarding for around 6 years, and a fly on the wall of this forum for around a year. I am a member of the Dirt Demons All Terrain Boarding Club (Facebook)

Glad to be "aBOARD"

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:32 pm

how could u not comment. I can never help myself despite not knowing jack :)

jamec9869

Post by jamec9869 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi! I'm Jame. I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thank

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:50 pm

suck it spammy
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

NodRog
Noob

Post by NodRog » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi My name’s Ian and though I’m English, from Kent, I have been living in italy for the last god knows how long in a fantastic house on the side of an italian mountain in a place called Torre Pellice, near Turin.
I hike mountains and it’s always been a source of continual perplexity why I would want to hike up a bloody mountain and then hike down again. I’ve been looking at alternative ways of coming down and caught a youtube vid of moutainboarding and here I am, hooked without even trying it.
I’m 52 and the last time I used balance on anything it was surfing in corwall in my teens and a bit of skiing some years ago so I’m going to start really slow (snigger). I’ve just bought a MBS comp 95X and am looking forward to seriously injuring myself in the near future as soon as it arrives. The valley where I live is full of deserted dirt tracks and roads and not much that isn’t steep hence so I got a board with a brake.
I run a B&B for a living which gives me plenty of time to do stuff but I’m married with two kids which takes away most of the free time I once had. I’m not really a sport person, so doubt if I’ll never get into anything but downhill but who knows.
Great site, very imformative and above all... friendly. A rarity these days.
Hi to all

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Hey NodRog great to have you, cant wait to hear your first impressions when you finally get out there and get on it. Just make sure to wear protection and check alll your hardware before you first run. If you have any questions Im sure you'll find our members are quite knowlegable and generous with their advice.

buggley

Post by buggley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:40 pm

hope you enjoy it. doe some stretches and a few exercises be for you first major ride. the board will work many different muscles than you may be used to so get you self ready. get some good gear too. pads and such will keep you riding longer and safer. i tend to ride more when i don feel as Ozzy osbourn put it ; like a bear chewed me up and crapped me out over a cliff. lol it is fun and it is as safe as you make it hope you first run is a good one
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:48 am

yup, saftey gears a must. And dont go for the cheap £15 set of pads. You dont have to spend a fortune but honestly, buy decent saftey gear.

Hope you have fun mate. If your disapointed with that particular break there are other brakes on the market which should be a bit stronger.

Not a sports person? me neither :) but i LOVE mountainboarding and all its discipliens

Scotch
Baby

Post by Scotch » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Hey McCarver, my sister gave me this site, I'm really exited to start learning a lot from u guys, I've been looking for this and I had no clue about u, any way, just wanted to introduce my self, u can call me Beto.
IDK, well first things first and I'll like to have an idea of what is a good way to get a boar with a good price and all that, I really don't know much about this, but I'll like to learn.
cheers

Kaz
Dirty

Post by Kaz » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Scotch wrote:Hey McCarver, my sister gave me this site, I'm really exited to start learning a lot from u guys, I've been looking for this and I had no clue about u, any way, just wanted to introduce my self, u can call me Beto.
IDK, well first things first and I'll like to have an idea of what is a good way to get a boar with a good price and all that, I really don't know much about this, but I'll like to learn.
cheers

i guess the first thing everyone asks, whats your age and weight :P makes a difference in what board to get. Might be best to create a new thread aswell, everyone will notice it more then
[font="Arial Black"]nature made/edited with a spade[/font]
I have a Website

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:21 am

Scotch wrote:Hey McCarver, my sister gave me this site, I'm really exited to start learning a lot from u guys, I've been looking for this and I had no clue about u, any way, just wanted to introduce my self, u can call me Beto.
cheers

Hey beto welcome to SurfingDirt, glad you decided to sign up. If you are in CR there is no reason to buy a board just yet, Im sure we can scrounge one up for you to try out first. You dont happen to have any protective gear do you? THat is one thing we are short on down here, and definately something you are going to need.

NodRog
Noob

Post by NodRog » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:16 am

Thanks guys. Nice to be here. The board has arrived, with 'some' of the safety gear (wrist guards didn't arrive), got a cushuion down my trousers too. First run (today) was a buzz if a litlle... scary. I'm surprised at how much the brake doesn't brake and how much the human body can bounce without requiring an ambulance. Spending today looking at anatomy charts to find out the names of a wholw bunch of muscles I found that I didn't know I had.
In what part of the forum would I write about my first impressions?
Cheers

p.s.
I am rather annoyed at you all though because none of you bothered to e-mail me a 10 years ago to tell me how much fun this is.:D

buggley

Post by buggley » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:05 am

main forum would be good. lots of muscles that need tuning up lol dont quite on it though give it 3 weeks and ride every chance you get and you will be surprised how quick you pick it up and how much less you bounce :D
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

NodRog
Noob

Post by NodRog » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Buggley, I think your idea of work, ride, repeat is what I'll be doing. I'm presuming I'm not the only one who has managed to develop a total obsession in only 3 days?:D

Scotch
Baby

Post by Scotch » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:06 pm

McCarver wrote:Hey beto welcome to SurfingDirt, glad you decided to sign up. If you are in CR there is no reason to buy a board just yet, Im sure we can scrounge one up for you to try out first. You dont happen to have any protective gear do you? THat is one thing we are short on down here, and definately something you are going to need.

Hey thanks for ur answer, I don't have anything "yet" but I'm going to. I can purchase that easily, but I don't know were can I buy that or if I should get this online? bc since I'll definitely going to need this I want to get some good stuff from the beginning hehe

Return to “Newbie Q&A”